Treasure Cookies were the very first cookie recipe I shared on the blog and I figured it was about time we revisit one of my very favorite cookies with a few picture updates! These are by no means healthy but they are very moist, chewy and delicious! If you like coconut and chocolate these are a must make!
Plus if you like to eat raw dough which to my surprise you all do, this dough has no raw eggs so you can eat until your little heart is content and I won't judge or shoo away your hand!
I probably ate more then my fair share of dough in the process of making these.
(Remember we agreed I won't judge you if you don't judge me!)
|These are such delicious cookies! They are absolutely to die for if you like coconut, nuts and chocolate! This recipe was given to me from my neighbor Cathy. Oh my does she make the most delicious cookies. There have been a few times I had thought I should ask her to do a Cookies with Cathy Tuesday, maybe once school gets started again. She has such a fantastic cookie recipe collection, is just a kind person and a great woman of god!|
This recipe is super easy crush 1 cup graham cracker crumbs and add to mixing bowl.
Add 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour or all-purpose, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 cup butter and sweetened condensed milk. Don't mix yet..
Add 1 1/3 cup Coconut..
1 Cup chocolate chips.
Add chopped nuts. I used almonds this time but walnuts and pecans are delicious..
Don't forget the vanilla..
It will look like this yummm.... Feel free take a lick or two...
Drop by rounded tablespoon onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Cookies are done when edges are lightly browned..
Now isn't that a treasure...
Chocolate Chip Treasure Cookies
Chocolate Chip Treasure Cookies RecipePrep time: PT10M
Cook time: PT8M
Total time: PT20M
- 1 1/2 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs (About 1 1/2 packages)
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour or All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 14 ounces Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup Butter, Softened
- 1 1/3 cup Flaked Coconut ( I prefer unsweetend but sweetend will work)
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Chopped Nuts (I usually use walnuts or almonds.)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoon onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet spacing about 2" apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned around the edges.