It's zucchini time! That's right my 1 plant I planted for the first time ever became so monstrous I have had plenty of zucchini, more then I'm starting to know what to do with and we are eatting zucchini almost every other night. So I will share what I usually make a lot of in the summer as a nice side dish! It is super yummy and even better if you have a grill pan for the BBQ to cook it over the coals. This night my husband was missing and I didn't feel like messing with the BBQ so the stove top it was! Please enjoy!
My gorgeous sous chef!
Fresh out of the garden! Plenty of zucchini and summer squash.
My sous chef chopping 1/2 a red onion.
Ok the pictures sideways and it will right it self in the program but not once it's up loaded. So here we go, bare with me. In a large skillet add about 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat, add onions and about 2 tablespoons of ginger grated (or to taste). Again my sous chef grating a stiring!
Chop 3 medium cloves of garlic. What a lovely chop job! I couldn't have done better myself.
Once onions start to caramelize add the garlic and cook until soft.
Toss in about 4 smallish zucchini, 4 summer squash and 1 bell pepper.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. 1 teaspoon thyme. I usually add some fresh herbs from the garden too, dependent on whats available.
Zucchini and Summer Squash with Ginger and Garlic
Zucchini and Summer Squash with Ginger and Garlic fast quick and delicious one of our favorite ways to enjoy zucchini. Recipe includes step by step instructions with photos.Prep time: PT5M
Cook time: PT10M
Total time: PT15M
Yield: 5 Servings
Calories per serving: 101Ingredients
Fat per serving: 6
Fat per serving: 6
- 4 whole Zucchini, Chopped
- 4 whole Summer Squash, Chopped
- 1/2 whole Red Onion, Diced Fine
- 1 whole Red or Orange Bell Pepper, Chopped into Strips
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil, or enough to lightly coat bottom of pan
- 2 tablespoons Ginger, Grated or to taste
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and ginger, cook until onion starts to caramelize.
- Add garlic and stir, cooking until soft. Toss in zucchini, squash and bell pepper. Season with salt, pepper, thyme and any herbs chosen to use.
- Stir when the veggies start to gain color on the bottom.
- Veggies are done when hot, slightly soft but still firm.