Posted by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch / Thursday, September 22, 2011
Zucchini bread! Another great use of the over abundance of zucchini this time of year! This loaf was almost devoured by hungry cranky munchkins before I remembered to take a picture, they had just came home from school.I love to make a few loaves at a time and if they last past a day I wrap one up and freeze it for later. This loaf has a nice complex fall flavor with plenty of cinnamon, a hint of vanilla and a bit of nutmeg! I also have started freezing shredded zucchini for later already pre measured to the amount needed to make 2 loaves later.
Grease 2 loaf pans well. I used butter.
Beat butter in mixer until smooth.
Add sugar and molasses. Beat until well incorporated.
Add eggs and beat until combined.
Add cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, baking soda and baking powder. Mix until combined.
Add flour and mix well.
Toss in all the zucchini!
And of course the nuts if you would like! Mix well and divide evenly between pans.
Recipe by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Zucchini Bread with Walnuts recipe and step by step instructions with pictures.Prep time: PT15M
Cook time: PT60M
Total time: PT1H15M
Yield: 2 Loaves
- 1/2 cup Butter, Softened
- 1 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Molasses, preferable Organic Black Strap
- 2 whole Eggs
- 3 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour or All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups All- Purpose Flour
- 4 cups Zucchini, Shredded with the skin on
- 1 cup Walnuts, Chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Grease 2 5x9 loaf pans with butter, bottom and the sides.
- Beat butter with sugar. Add molasses and beat until fully combined. Add eggs 1 at a time and mix well between additions. Add cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg, salt,baking soda and powder, mix until fully combined.Add all of the flour and mix well. Add zucchini and nuts, mix until fully incorporated.
- Divide batter evenly between pans. Bake for about 60 minutes until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for about 15 minutes, then run a knife along the edge of the pan to loosen and remove from pan. Cool on a cooling rack for about an hour. Enjoy or freeze for later.