Just a little glimpse of our box, you can see the beet leaf.
Peel and slice the beets.
Place beets into a oven safe baking dish.I used my cast iron pan but any oven proof pan would work well. Toss with extra virgin olive oil.
Season with salt and pepper.
Add 1/4 cup or water and place into a 375 degree oven until soft when poked with a skewer. About 45 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
Segment 2 oranges. Cut off a little bit of the top and bottom then follow the edges just past the pith in the shape of the orange to remove skin.
Slice orange next to the veins with a sharp knife to segment.
Add oranges to the beets in a bowl. Squeeze left over center of the orange over the beets to remove the juice.
Chop and add mint.
Squeeze 1 lime over the top.
Add salt and pepper. Yes the pictures sideways for some reason when I correct it, it wouldn't load so for my own sanity I left it! That's life!
Beets, Oranges and Mint Salad
Beets Oranges and Mint Salad. Easy healthy and delicious. Recipe includes step by step photos with pictures.Prep time: PT10M
Cook time: PT50M
Total time: PT1H
Yield: 5 Servings
Calories per serving: 147Ingredients
Fat per serving: 6
Fat per serving: 6
- 7 whole Medium Beets, Peeled and Sliced Raw
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 whole Oranges, Segmented
- 3 tablespoons Mint Leaves, Julienned
- 1 whole Lime, Juiced
- Salt and Pepper, To Taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degree's.
- Place beets in an oven proof pan and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 40-50 minutes until firm but soft when poked with a skewer. Set aside in a bowl to cool to room temperature.
- When beets are at room temperature add orange segments and squeeze juice out of the left over center of the orange's over the beets. Add mint and lime juice, toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. You can serve at room temperature or refrigerate.