Saute onion and zucchini in extra virgin olive oil over medium high heat.
Chop your Kale well. The fresher the Kale the less bitter taste it will have.
Once onions and zucchini start to brown add the kale. Add salt and pepper. Toss with onions until well coated and slightly softened.
Add red wine or balsamic vinegar. Toss to coat and cover and cook about 4 minutes until soft but still bright green. Taste and adjust salt, pepper and vinegar as needed.
Preparation Time:5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 whole Onion, sliced thin
- 1 whole Zucchini, sliced
- 1 large bunch Kale, chopped into bit size pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons Red Wine or Balsamic Vinegar
Add olive oil, onion and zucchini to a large pan. Saute until starting to lightly brown over medium high heat. Add kale, salt and pepper. Toss to coat and cook until slightly softened about 2 minutes. Add vinegar, toss well and cover. Cook for about 4 minutes until soft but still bright green and tender. Taste and adjust salt, pepper and vinegar as needed.