Posted by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch / Saturday, July 28, 2012
Eggs In A Hole
Eggs in a hole, this is always a favorite in our house! Especially when we are camping and in the mood for eggs and toast. But lets get real the kids would eat this every day if they could! The best part of the meal according to the kids is you don't even need to butter the toast! My sweet husband made this, this morning and took the pictures isn't he super sweet guy! Yes he is a keeper!
This recipe is so easy even the kids have made it.
On another note I will be missing from my computer for the next 9 days but when I get back I will have all sorts of fun things to share.. This really wasn't my plan but when my laptop started acting up it has forced me to take the next week away from the computer! Hence the lack of post's, all the delicious pictures I had already taken are locked up in the hard drive..Oh well I hope you all will forgive me!
Melt 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
Take 2 slices of bread and use a small cup or canning jar and press in the center to make a hole.
(I love sourdough bread but anything you have available is delicious!)
Remove the circle from each piece of bread.
Place bread and bread rounds into skillet with melted butter and crack eggs into the center.
Salt and pepper eggs well. Flip the eggs after about 3 minutes. Use the bread rounds to see how toasted the bread has become to know when to flip the eggs.
The hubs got a little distracted and the edges where a little well done but still delicious. He also forgot to place the bread rounds in until half way through. Salt and pepper this side. Cook another 3-4 minutes until eggs are the desired doneness.
Eggs In A Hole
Recipe by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Eggs in a hole. An easy fun and delicious breakfast to make. With step by step pictures and instructions.Prep time: PT3M
Cook time: PT6M
Total time: PT9M
Yield: 2 Pieces
- 4 tablespoons Butter, Softened
- 2 Slices Bread
- 2 whole Eggs, Beaten
- 2 pinches Sea Salt
- 2 pinches Fresh Ground Pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat melt butter.
- Take bread slices and use a small cup to make about a 2 1/2" hole in the center of each piece of bread. Remove the center.
- Place a slice of bread and bread rounds into the frying pan. Break an egg into the center of each piece of bread and salt and pepper. Cook for about 3-4 minutes or until bread rounds are nice and toasted.
- Flip bread and bread rounds over and salt and pepper the other side. Cook another 3-4 minutes or until eggs are desired doneness.