Roasted Tomato Pasta a perfect use for the over abundance of cherry tomatoes growing in the yard this time of year and a fresh light spin for a Meatless Monday night dinner. The easy light fresh sauce combined with the pop in your mouth roasted tomatoes creates a wonderful easy one pan dinner. We enjoyed this with a nice glass of organic Pinot Grigio and homemade Easy Chessy Garlic and Herb Bread Sticks!
Toss cherry tomatoes with olive oil and sea salt.
Toss tomatoes to coat.. Try to ignore my freaky veiny hand and concentrate on the tomatoes. Roast tomatoes in a 450 degree oven for 18-20 minutes until tomatoes start to burst and brown.
Chop 1/2 a whole onion and 8 cloves garlic.
Saute onions, garlic, oregano, thyme and rosemary in the butter and olive oil. When onion is softened add white wine and simmer for about 3 minutes to reduce. Add pasta water.
Add pasta, roasted tomatoes, fresh ground pepper and fresh basil. Toss until fully combined. Garnish with fresh parmesan cheese.
Roasted Tomato Pasta
Prep time: PT10M
Cook time: PT20M
Total time: PT30M
- 2 pounds Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 whole Onion, Diced
- 8 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 teaspoon Oregano, Dried
- 1/4 teaspoon Thyme, Dried
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Rosemary, Minced
- 1/3 cup White Wine
- 1 pound Dried Spaghetti
- 1 cup Reserved Pasta Cooking Water
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup Fresh Basil, Chiffonade
- 1 cup Fresh Parmesan Cheese, For Garnish
- For Roasted Tomatoes: Combined tomatoes, 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and sea salt. Toss to coat and bake in a 450 degree over for 18-20 minutes until tomatoes pop and start to brown. Set aside.
- For Pasta: Salt pasta water and cook according to directions removing 1 minute prior to al dente.
- To assemble: In a large skillet add 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and butter. Heat over medium high heat for about 1 minute until hot. Add onion, garlic, oregano, thyme and rosemary. Saute for about 5 minutes or until onion is softened and garlic is fragrant. Add white wine and simmer for about 3 minutes to reduce. Add 3/4 cup reserved pasta water, cooked pasta, roasted tomatoes, fresh ground pepper and basil. Add additional pasta water as needed to make sauce.
- Toss to combined and cook for about 2 minutes. Garnish with fresh parmesan cheese.