This months Yahoo Shine Supper Club Challenge is One Pot Meals and I thought what better way to celebrate then with my favorite Chipotle Chicken Sweet Potato Pumpkin Ale Chili! Whoo that was a mouthful!
It's football season in case you don't have football fever going around your house like it's going around mine! It really is just the boys in the house it seems to spread to but I always enjoy the food! The Hubby let me know you all love recipes for a good tailgating party. He must be a mind reader I guess! He is pretty incredible! So I decided to take his recommendation.
Just in case you don't have football fever don't fret. If I were you I would just make any excuse to make this! Sooner rather then later because it is D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S! I mean what a perfect fall comfort food dish! Does life get any better then chipotle pepper's, chicken, black beans, sweet potatoes, topped off with a pumpkin ale? I think not!
The hubby had eaten half a bowl before we even sat down to eat and the kids cleaned their plates
This recipe was shared over at Miz Helen's Texas Star Chili Cook Off.
A new seasonal favorite in our house Blue Moon's Harvest Pumpkin Ale Deliciousness!
Saute onions in extra virgin olive oil until starting to caramelize. Add garlic and chipotle peppers. Saute until fragrant for about 2 minutes.
Add chicken and all seasonings including sea salt. Saute for 4 minutes.
Add 12 ounces Pumpkin Ale Beer.
Add chicken stock and stir to combine.
Add black beans, sweet potatoes and bell pepper. Stir to combined. Bring to a simmer, cover, turn heat to low and cook for 2 hours.
Right before serving add cilantro.
Garnish with monterey jack cheese, greek yogurt or sour cream and cilantro.
Prep time: PT15M
Cook time: PT2H0M
Total time: PT2H15M
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 pound Dried Blackbeans, Soaked And Cooked Until Tender
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 whole Large Onion, Diced
- 2 whole Chipotle Peppers In Adobo Sauce, Diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 whole Chicken Breast, Diced
- 1 tablespoon Smoke Paprika, Optional
- 2 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Adobo Sauce, From Peppers
- 12 ounces Pumpkin Ale (I ❤ Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Ale)
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- 2 whole Sweet Potatoes, Peeled And Cubed In Bite Size Pieces
- 1 whole Yellow Bell Pepper, Diced
- 1/2 bunch Cilantro, Chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Greek Yogurt Or Sour Cream, For Garnish
- 2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese, Shredded
- In a large stock pot saute onion in olive oil over medium-high heat until starting to caramelize.
- Add garlic and chipotle peppers and saute until fragrant.
- Add chicken and all of the seasonings including adobo sauce and sea salt. Saute for 4 minutes.
- Pour in beer and chicken stock. Scrape any brown bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Add sweet potatoes, black beans and bell pepper.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and turn heat to low.
- Cook for at least 2 hours or place into a crock pot for 8 hrs.
- Add cilantro and serve.
- Garnish with greek yogurt and cheese.