Posted by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch / Monday, September 3, 2012
Pork Chops With Apples Sage Rosemary And Garlic
What a better way to celebrate the changing of the seasons than with pork chops with apples, a true fall favorite. I made these last week as the temperature here seems to be plummeting at night down to the 50's and I was ready to rejoice in the cool weather. The best part of the whole dish is the pork and apples infuse each other with a fabulous flavor combined with the herbs sage, rosemary and garlic.
I mean who doesn't like pork chops and apple sauce? Think Peter Brady from the Brady Bunch. If you haven't seen that Brady Bunch episode use good old google and look it up! You'll be glad you did. Then jump on the pork chop band wagon and treat your self to a tasty treat!
We enjoyed this with twice baked potatoes but it is really divine with Skinny Mashed Yams.
Add butter, sage, rosemary and whole peeled garlic cloves to a oven proof skillet over medium. Saute until herbs start to become fragrant.
Rinse and dry pork chops. Season each side well with salt and pepper. Add to the skillet and sear pork chops on both sides over medium-high heat. Don't worry about cooking pork chops through. Remove from heat to a separate dish.
Pork chops will look something like this.
Add apples to the pan and saute for about 4-5 minutes until apples start to soften and color.
Add apple cider to pan and stir to remove any little flavor bits off the bottom of the pan.
Add pork chops back to the pan and nestle into the apples. Place into a 375 degree oven for about 20-25 minutes until pork chops are cooked through and apples are tender.
Pork Chops With Apples, Sage, Rosemary And Garlic
Recipe by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Pork Chops With Apples Sage Rosemary And GarlicPrep time: PT15M
Cook time: PT40M
Total time: PT55M
Yield: 5 Servings
- 5 whole Pork Rib Chops, Bone In
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 3 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Sage
- 1 sprig Rosemary, Stem Removed And Chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, Skin Removed And Left Whole
- 4 whole Apples, Skin Removed, Cored And Sliced
- 1 cup Apple Cider
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash pork chops and pat dry with a paper towel. Season both sides evenly with the sea salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a oven safe pan add herbs and garlic. Heat until fragrant over medium heat. Add pork chops and increase heat to medium-high.
- Sear pork chops on both sides and remove from pan. (Don't worry about cooking pork through we are just looking to brown the outside.)
- Add apples to the pan and saute until apples color and soften. About 4-5 minutes.
- Add apple cider and scrape off all the flavor bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Nestle pork chops back into the pan with the apples and place into the oven for 20-25 minutes or until pork chops are cooked through and apples are tender.
- Tip: Alternatively this dish works well on the stove top. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook until pork chops are done and apples are tender.