I've been keeping these my little chocolaty secret for sometime now..
Since I came out last week and shared Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bites and it was a hit, I decided it was time to share another quick snack time cookie I make for the kids when I'm looking to make something a little bit healthier....
These cookies are super healthy, grain and gluten free, egg-less, easy to make and could be vegan if using Agave.
But most importantly these babies are double chocolate peanut butter deliciousness and I haven't shared these with the world yet only because I hated the pictures! Yep I said it!
My food photo skills are improving but no matter what I did to these little bites the pictures just weren't as appetizing as I would have liked...
I actually feel rather proud of these photos only because the previous set really did not look appetizing at all!
My kids had even joked around about the looks of the bites! But it sure didn't deter them from eating every last cookie!
Now go get to baking!
In a large food processor or blender add drained and rinsed chickpea's, cocoa powder and honey.
Add peanut butter, baking powder, vanilla and a pinch of salt.
Pulse until the mixture is smooth like peanut butter!
Remove blade and fold in chocolate chips.
Use a standard size cookie scoop or 1 tablespoon and drop dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
(I know I forgot to use my silpat in this picture. But I promise you'll be glad you did! )
Bake cookies at 375 degrees for 12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool for 3-5 minutes on the baking sheet before serving.
These are best enjoyed warm.
Gluten Free Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites
Gluten Free Egg Free Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Bite Cookies Using ChickpeasPrep time: PT8M
Cook time: PT12M
Total time: PT20M
Yield: 24 Cookies
- 15 ounce Canned Chickpeas, Rinsed And Drained Well
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Honey or Agave Or 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup All Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder Gluten Free
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips, Gluten Free
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a blender or food processor combine chickpeas, cocoa powder, honey, peanut butter, baking powder, sea salt and vanilla. Pulse until mixture is smooth and creamy like peanut butter. Scrape the sides of bowl as needed to make a uniform texture.
- Add chocolate chips and fold until combined.
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon make 1" balls and place on a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 3-5 minutes.
- Cookies are best enjoyed warm.