The weathers been warm in Seattle and for some awful reason I have more laundry than I know what to do with.
Does it multiply in the heat or is it just my house?
I've avoided turning on the oven whenever possible or our house is like 900 degrees and it takes well into the next morning to cool off.
Sorry the heat must be getting to me..
So we've been enjoying a lot of salads and bbq.
Italian Antipasto Salad has been a staple in my summertime dinner favorites for years simply because it's easy, I can make it in the morning when the house is cool, be gone all day and return to an amazingly delicious dinner.
What more could a girl ask for?
Did I fail to mention the Basil Vinaigrette has a nice tang that puts this salad over the top.
We've already enjoyed this pasta salad several times this summer and the recipe makes plenty for the lunch the next day.
I'm off to have another bowl before the kids devour what's left.
Combine cooked bowtie pasta, salami, spinach, cucumber, red bell pepper, red onion, chopped artichoke hearts, olives and cherry tomatoes.
In a blender combine basil, garlic, dijon mustard, white wine vinegar, water, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and extra virgin olive oil.
Blend until smooth and lusciously green.
Drizzle over the top of salad while tossing to coat.
Add feta or mozzarella cheese and toss until well combined.
Refrigerate until ready to enjoy. It's best served cold.
Always a summertime favorite.
Italian Antipasto Pasta Salad With Basil Vinaigrette
Italian Antipasto Pasta Salad With Basil Vinaigrette. Salami, Artichoke Hearts, Olives, Red Pepper, Feta Cheese and Basil VinaigrettePrep time: PT20M
Cook time: PT10M
Total time: PT20M
Yield: 10 Servings
For Basil Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup Fresh Basil
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/3 cup White Wine Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Water
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper or to taste
- 2/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil For
Italian Antipasto Pasta Salad
- 16 ounces Dried Bowtie Pasta,cooked until al dente and rinsed under cold water till room temperature. Drain well.
- 1/2 pound Salami, Chopped
- 1 whole Cucumber, Diced
- 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, Diced
- 1/2 whole Red Onion, Diced
- 14 ounce Artichoke Hearts, Quartered and Chopped
- 6 ounce Black Olives
- 8 ounces Fresh Baby Spinach, Dried
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes
- 6 ounces Feta Cheese Or Cubed Mozzarella Cheese
- For Basil Vinaigrette: Place everything in a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- For Italian Antipasto Salad: Combine everything in a very large bowl and toss with Basil Vinaigrette to coat.
- Refrigerate until ready to enjoy. This salad is best served cold.