With school about to start and summer coming to a close I thought there's no better time to share one of our favorite quick meals.
Quick Shrimp Tacos With Pineapple Mango Salsa.
There's something amazing about the combination of shrimp with the sweet pineapple, mangos, spicy jalapeños and cilantro with a squeeze of fresh lime.
These are a staple in our weekly meal rotation and I thought there's no better time to share this favorite then now.
We seem never to have leftover's when we make these and second helpings disappear fast.
If you're looking to be a little saucy why not make a few of these Pink Grapefruit Lime Margaritas With Agave to really kick it up a notch and set the mood! Especially if you have company coming.
Pink Grapefruit Lime Margarita's are defiantly on the all time favorite cocktails list!
If you're really looking to round out your dinner how about Restaurant Style Mexican Rice to serve along side.
Dice mangoes and pineapple.
Add mangoes, pineapple, cilantro and fresh squeezed lime into a medium sized bowl. Stir until combined.
Add diced jalapeño and sea salt to taste. Stir until well combined and refrigerate until ready to use.
Heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until softened and starting to caramelize, then add bell pepper.
Add all the seasonings and stir until fragrant.
Add tequila to deglaze pan and then add shrimp and cook until pink.
Heat corn tortilla's over a hot skillet until warm. Fill tortillas with shrimp and top with Pineapple Mango Salsa.
Quick Shrimp Tacos With Pineapple Mango Salsa
Quick Easy Shrimp Tacos With Pineapple Mango SalsaPrep time: PT10M
Cook time: PT15M
Total time: PT25M
Yield: 5 Servings
For Pineapple Mango Salsa:
- 2 whole Mangoes, Peeled, Seeded and Diced
- 3 cups Fresh Pineapple, Diced
- 1/2 bunch Cilantro, Chopped
- 2 whole Limes, Juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 whole Jalapeño, Diced (Seeds Removed For Less Heat)
For Quick Shrimp Tacos:
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1/2 whole Onions, Diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, Seeded And Diced
- 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 ounce Tequila Or Water (To Deglaze Pan)
- 2 pounds Shrimp, Peeled, Devained And Tails Removed
- Warm Corn Tortillas and Hot Sauce For Serving
- For Pineapple Mango Salsa: Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl for pineapple mango salsa and refrigerate until ready to use.
- For Quick Shrimp Tacos: In a skillet heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and cook until onion starts to caramelize. Add garlic and red bell pepper.
- Add all the seasonings to the onion mixture and cook until fragrant, about 1 minutes.
- Add tequila to deglaze pan. Then add shrimp and cook until shrimp are light pink.
- Serve shrimp in warmed tortillas topped with Pineapple Mango Salsa and hot sauce if desired.