Posted by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch / Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Monster Cookie Recipe
Sometimes life calls for Monster Cookies loaded with oats, peanut butter, chocolate chips and M&M's. I can't think of a better lunch box treat!
I usually don't eat M&M's for a million reasons but sometimes a cookie with some crunchy little hard shell covered candies are an exception.
Especially the dark chocolate M&M's... They might be a new found weakness..
Since I've been so busy with appointments lately I knew these would make a special treat to add to the kids lunch box, a little hidden surprise to remind the kids and hubby just how much I love them.
Plus who doesn't like a surprise plate of cookies when you walk through the door?
These monster cookies are super easy to make and always a winner.
FYI:These are technically gluten-free but please double check all your ingredients if you are gluten sensitive! I couldn't find anything on the Dark Chocolate M&M's about having gluten, but please double check the ingredients you use if you have a gluten-free household.
Add peanut butter and butter.
Add brown sugar and beat until creamy.
Add eggs, vanilla and baking soda. Beat 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
Scrape sides of bowl and add quick oats.. Mix on low speed until blended.
Add chocolate chips and nuts if using..
I used pecans because its what I had in the cupboard but if you have peanuts they are amazing! Just saying..
Oh and we can't forget the M&M's.. Dark chocolate hard candy covered goodness!
Take a double standard size cookie scoop of dough or about 2 1/2 tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball.
Use your hand to flatten dough into a little patty. These don't spread much. Press M&M pieces into cookies.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown around the edges. Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
Monster Cookie Recipe
Recipe by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Monster Cookie filled with peanut butter, oatmeal, chocolate chips and M&M's.Prep time: PT10M
Cook time: PT12M
Total time: PT22M
Yield: 24 Cookies
- 2 cups All Natural Peanut Butter
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 1/2 cups Brown Sugar
- 3 whole Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 4 cups Quick Oats (If making gluten free make sure your oats are gf.)
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cups Nuts (Peanuts or Pecans are my choice.), Optional
- 1 1/2 cups M&M's (If making gluten free double check package to make sure candies are gluten free.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat peanut butter, butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy. About 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, vanilla and baking soda. Beat until well blended. Scrape sides of bowl.
- Add quick oats and mix until blended.
- Add chocolate chips, nuts (if using), and 1/2 cup M&M's. Blend until well combined.
- Using a standard size cookie scoop take 2 scoops of dough and roll into a ball or about 2 1/2 tablespoons of dough. Place ball on an ungreased cookie sheet and press until top of ball is flattened. Cookies don't spread much.
- Press remaining 1 cup of M&M's into the top of cookies.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown around edges.
- Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet and remove to a cooling rack.