I'm behind today, I wanted to have this up and posted early this morning before my weekly appointments.
But my bed was way too cozy and I only managed to roll out of bed to head to the chiropractor by the shear love of my husband bringing me a cup of coffee in bed and some gentle coaxing.
I use to never be a coffee drinker but now I'm a hard core morning coffee lover...
My morning cuppa gets me up and moving!
Then I came home and seemed to accomplish nothing I wanted to get done, other then soak in my bath tub with the jets up to my ears to try and relieve some of the aches and pains from physical therapy and my daily excercises.
But I decided I wasn't going to let this hold me back from sharing one of our families favorite dips Chipotle Artichoke Hummus.
What kind of friend would I be, if I didn't?
If you've been reading the blog for sometime I'm sure you've probably figured out I have a spicy little addiction to chipotle peppers.
I don't know about you but I always love a healthy dip filled with flavor to help relieve my hunger pains at gatherings, light lunch or a before dinner healthy snack option.
We used blue corn chips or plain rice crackers for a gluten free option but pita chips are amazing too.
In case your looking for a second dip recipe make sure to check out Spinach Dip From Scratch, it's sooo delicious too!
Drain and rinse garbanzo beans well. Place in a food processor or blender. Add chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, 2 cloves of garlic and sea salt. Pulse until almost smooth. Scrape sides if needed.
Add juice of 1 lemon, 3 tablespoons water and pulse until combined.
Add a 1/4 cup olive oil and blend until smooth.
Add artichoke hearts and pulse until medium/small chunks remain. If using a blender feel free to cut artichokes into small pieces and stir in my hand.
Refrigerate until cold or serve at room temperature. Colt usually can't wait until it's cold to dig.
Just to make it clear how good this dip is Colt said," Oh that's good! Man that's good! Have you posted that yet?" In between chips!
Serve with corn chips, rice crackers, pita chips or any other favorite cracker you can think of!
Oh and don't let me forget veggies!
The kids are snacking on the leftover hummus as I write this and Colt happened to stumble upon the almost eaten bowl and made sure to ask, "you aren't going to leave me any?"
They must all be hungry...
Chipotle Artichoke Hummus
Chipotle Artichoke Hummus. A healthy snack and easy to make.Prep time: PT10M
Total time: PT10M
Yield: 8 Servings
Calories per serving: 223Ingredients
Fat per serving: 8.4g
Fat per serving: 8.4g
- 30 Ounces Canned Garbanzo Beans, Rinsed and Drained
- 2 whole Chipotle Peppers In Adobo Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Adobo Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt Or To Taste
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 3 tablespoons Water
- 1 whole Lemon, Juiced
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 14 ounce Can Quartered Artichoke Hearts In Water
- For Serving: Corn Chips, Pita Chips, Rice Crackers and Veggies.
- Add garbanzo beans, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, sea salt and garlic to a blender or food processor. Pulse until almost smooth. Scrape sides if needed.
- Add water, lemon juice and olive oil. Blend until completely smooth.
- If using a blender chop artichoke hearts into small pieces and stir into hummus.
- If using a food processor add artichoke hearts and pulse until artichoke is in medium/small sized pieces.
- Serve with desired chips, crackers and veggies.