I have a total weakness for all things brownie and mint.
I've had an almost full bottle of Creme De Menthe waiting to be used since making Grasshopper Pie at the very beginning of July and I couldn't think of a better combination to tame my mint and brownie cravings then Creme De Menthe Fudge Brownies.
Chocolaty fudge mint brownie topped with a layer of creme de menthe goodness than covered in a layer of fudgy chocolate.
I recommend putting these on the must make list sooner rather then later!
You won't be disappointed.
Butter and line a 9"x13" pan with parchment paper. Butter parchment paper.
Melt butter and semi sweet chocolate over medium-low heat in a small pan, stirring as needed until melted. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a mixing bowl with whisk attachment add eggs, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla. Beat over medium-high speed for about 4 minutes until mixture become light colored and fluffy.
Pour in melted chocolate mixture and Creme De Menthe. Mix on medium-low speed until combined.
Add flour, cocoa, baking soda and sea salt. Mix on low speed until combined.
Spread Fudge Brownie in parchment lined pan and bake for 27-30 minutes until edges are set. Once cooked allow to cool.
Beat cream cheese, butter and cream de menthe until smooth and creamy. Add 2 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar. Beat at medium speed until creamy and smooth.
Spread creme de menthe evenly over cooled brownies and place in freezer while chocolate is melting.
Combine semi-sweet chocolate chips, whipping cream and butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals. Stirring between each interval. Or place chocolate, butter and cream in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until melted.
Spread chocolate over mint layer and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before slicing.
These were sliced after an hour because I was losing daylight. As you can see the mint filling is a little soft but still very delicious.
Creme De Menthe Fudge Brownies
Creme De Menthe Fudge BrowniesPrep time: PT20M
Cook time: PT30M
Total time: PT50M
Yield: 16 Servings
- 3/4 cup Butter, Plus More For Greasing Pan
- 1 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips Or 8 ounces Semi Sweet Chocolate (Good Quality)
- 4 whole Eggs
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Creme De Menthe
- 1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour Or All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
For Creme De Menthe Filling:
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese, Softened
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 cup Cream De Menthe (For Green Filling Use Green Creme De Menthe)
- 2 3/4 cups Powdered Sugar, Sifted
For Chocolate Topping:
- 1 1/2 cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13 inch pan with butter. For ease of removal line with parchment paper and butter parchment.
- In a small saucepan add butter and semisweet chocolate. Cook over medium-low heat while stirring until butter and chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl fitted with a whisk attachment add eggs, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla. Mix on medium high speed until mixture is pale yellow in color and light.
- Pour melted chocolate/butter mixture and creme de menthe into egg/sugar mixture and mix on medium-low speed until thoroughly combined, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- Add flour, cocoa powder and sea salt. Mix on low speed until combined, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- Bake for 27- 30 minutes or until edges are set.
- Cool brownies completely.
- For Creme De Menthe Filling: Beat cream cheese, butter and cream de menthe on medium speed until smooth. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- Spread creme de menthe filling over the top of cooled brownies and place into freezer while making chocolate topping.
- For Chocolate Topping: combine chocolate chips, heavy cream and butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals stirring until melted or place in a small sauce pan over medium-low heat stirring until melted.
- Spread chocolate layer over creme de menthe filling.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- Store brownies covered in the refrigerator.