Posted by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch / Monday, October 28, 2013
Pumpkin Puff Pancake
These aren't just any Puff Pancakes..
These are Puff Pancakes filled with Pumpkin and Spice and everything nice!
Pumpkin Puff Pancakes are scrumptious.
Eye rolling in the back of your head amazing with every bite.
If your feeling really naughty a little drizzle of Caramel Sauce or maple syrup puts these bad boys over the top.
Just for the record Colt may or may not have drizzled Caramel Sauce all over my Pumpkin Puff Pancakes.
I may or may not have devoured every last bite of my Pumpkin Puff Pancake drenched in Caramel Sauce and licked my plate.
Be warned these pancakes come with lots of mmmms and yummms.
Combine eggs, flour and salt. Mix until well combined.
Add milk, pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger and vanilla. Mix until well combined and smooth.
Batter should be smooth.
Place a 9"-10" skillet or pie pan into a 400 degree preheated oven. Once pan is hot add butter and swirl to melt and coat pan. Add Pumpkin Puff Pancake Batter to hot pan in oven and bake for 20 - 25 minutes until puffed and golden.
Dust Puff Pancake with powdered sugar and serve with Caramel Sauce or Maple Syrup.
Pumpkin Puff Pancakes
Recipe by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Pumpkin Puff Pancake or Pumpkin Dutch BabiesPrep time: PT15M
Cook time: PT25M
Total time: PT40M
Yield: 2 Servings
- 3 whole Eggs
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1/3 cup Milk or Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree Or Canned Pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- For Serving: Powdered Sugar, Caramel Sauce, and Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place 9"-10" cast iron skillet or pie pan into oven to become hot.
- Add eggs to mixing bowl and whisk.
- Add flour and a pinch of salt to the eggs. Mix well.
- Add milk, pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger and vanilla. Mix and set a side.
- Place butter into hot skillet or pie pan and close oven door to melt. Once melted swirl pan around to coat with butter then add puff pancake mixture.
- Bake for 20- 25 minutes, until puffed and golden brown.
- Dust with powdered sugar. Serve with caramel sauce or maple syrup.