An easy fall favorite Apple Dumplings in Caramel Cinnamon Syrup are always a favorite!
I can't believe it's November already and Thanksgiving will be creeping up on us really quick.I figure there's no better way to kick off the start to November than with Apple Dumplings in Caramel Cinnamon Syrup.
If you've never had Apple Dumplings your missing out! It's a flaky tart apple turnover slowly cooked and basted in a caramel cinnamon sauce to leave a sweet coating on the outside of the crust.
Apple Dumplings are a great alternative for Thanksgiving if your looking for something a little different than traditional apple pie.
If your needing a life changing experience make sure to serve these bad babies with a scoop of vanilla ice cream drizzled with the cinnamon caramel sauce from the bottom of the pan.
It's life altering.
Combine apples cinnamon and brown sugar.
In a medium-small sized saucepan add water, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to a simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter. Set aside.
Roll out half of the Pie Dough into 12" x 12" square. Trim edges as needed. Place 1/8th of the apple mixture in the middle of each square. Moisten edges with water and fold corners to the center and seal edges well.
Place apple pockets on a parchment lined 9"x13"-10"x15" baking pan. Pour cinnamon sugar syrup mixture over the top of dumplings and bake in a 375 degree oven for 35-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown. (I use parchment for easy clean up.)
Baste Apple Dumplings every 15-20 minutes until done.
(The kids helped do most the shaping, as you can see they aren't all perfect but they sure are all delicious!)
Allow dumplings to cool 15 minutes before serving.
Serve Apple Dumplings with cinnamon caramel apple syrup spooned over the top.
Apple Dumplings In Caramel Cinnamon Syrup
Apple Dumplings In Caramel Cinnamon SyrupPrep time: PT25M
Cook time: PT45M
Total time: PT1H10M
Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 whole Flaky Double Crust Pie Dough
- 2 whole Large Granny Smith Apples, Peeled And Chopped
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
For Caramel Cinnamon Syrup:
- 2 cups Water
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- For Serving: Ice Cream Or Whip Cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combined apples, brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- For Caramel Cinnamon Syrup: In a small saucepan combine water, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to a simmer and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add butter.
- Roll half of the pastry dough into a 12"x12" square. Cut square into 4 equal sized squares. Place 1/8th of the apple mixture onto each square. Moisten edges of each square with water and fold corner to center and seal edges well. Repeat with remaining half of pie dough.
- Place dumplings in a 9"x13"- 10"x15" baking pan lined with parchment for easy cleanup.
- Pour caramel cinnamon syrup over the top of dumplings and place into preheated oven.
- Baste apple dumplings every 15-20 minutes until done.
- Bake apple dumplings for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve plain or with Ice Cream or Whip Cream and drizzled with caramel cinnamon syrup.