Posted by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch / Thursday, November 21, 2013
Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
A favorite for any kind of gathering Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip is always a hit.
I made this Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip last Sunday and boy was it good!
It's always a favorite dip in our house and a Thanksgiving Staple.
I almost didn't make it because after church I was having one of those days where you think I really should just go back to bed.
My back was aching and I was becoming the cranky witch of the west.
Then to make matters worse I some how caught my finger between the bottom and the top part of my Cuisinart leaving a nasty little bruise, it's bright red under the skin and looks like it's bleeding..
Sometimes I forget and catch it out of the corner of my eye and think how'd I cut my finger in a moment of panic, only to remember the battle with the Cuisinart.
I then stepped away for the next 15 minutes and battled with myself to keep from returning to bed in my warmest, fuzziest pj's with a warm cup of tea and a really girly movie like the Notebook.
I'm so glad the Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip won at this point because mid day hunger pains were settling in and I knew if we didn't snack soon we would all drive each other cray..cray..
(Sorry if you don't have kids in your house cray..cray means crazy to the next level!)
I'm so thankful I did because every cheesylicious spinach and artichoke loaded bite helped put me in a better mood.
I can't wait to make it again on Thanksgiving..
Heat oil over medium heat and add minced garlic. Sauté until fragrant about 1 minute.
Wash and chop fresh spinach.
Add spinach to garlic and saute until spinach just starts to wilt and turns bright green. Remove from heat and discard any remaining liquid in the bottom of the pan. (It's better a little under cooked then over.) About 1-2 minutes.
Mix until well combined softened cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, hot sauce, sea salt and pickled jalapeño.
Add spinach and artichokes to cream cheese mixture and mix until throughly combined.
Place spinach artichoke dip in a greased 1 to 1-1/4 quart oven safe baking dish.
Sprinkle with remaining grated parmesan cheese and bake in a 425 degree oven for 20-25minutes or until top is light brown and bubbly.
(At this point the recipe can be refrigerated and baked the next day.)
Serve with your favorite crackers, sourdough bread, tortilla chips or pita chips.
Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
Recipe by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip With Jalapeños.
Prep time: PT12M
Cook time: PT25M
Total time: PT37M
Yield: 8 Servings
- Butter For Greasing
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 4 cups Spinach, Washed and Roughly Chopped
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- 1/2 teaspoon Hot Sauce Or To Taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Pickled Jalapeños, Chopped Fine
- 15 ounce Canned Artichoke Hearts In Water, Drained and Chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated (Reserve For Top)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Butter a 1 to 1-1/4 quart oven safe baking dish.
- In a large pan heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant and softened.
- Add Spinach and stir until just barely wilted and bright green. Remove from heat and discard any liquid in the bottom of the pan.
- Mix together cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, hot sauce, salt and pickled jalapeños.
- Add cooked spinach and chopped artichoke hearts. Stir until well combined.
- Add spinach and artichoke dip to greased baking dish. Top with remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until bubbly and lightly browned.