Posted by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch / Wednesday, March 19, 2014
One Pot Lasagna Pasta Skillet
An easy one dish weeknight dinner. Lasagna Pasta Skillet is filled with veggies and cheese making this a family favorite.
I might be finally dropping the One Skillet dinners I've been making the last few weeks, unless you like the lack of dishes then I'll keep hurling them at you..
Hmmm..Maybe hurlings not the right word seems like everyones been doing that lately..
Never mind lets just move on..
Our dishwashers finally up and running! I really started to feel like I somehow time warped back to the 1950's other then I wore yoga pants most days and we won't discuss what my hair may or may not have looked like.
No I did not stick my finger in a light socket.. It's just naturally
a mess unruly..
This totally calls for pasta loaded with veggies, cooked in tomato sauce and smothered in cheesy goodness..
It's my made up word.. I do that a lot..
Take me as I am or leave me but it means the most delicious meal totally filled with carbs..
One day I'll write my own dictionary to add all my made up words that I drive my husband crazy with so they can be real words but for now lets just make some Carbalicious Lasagna Pasta Skillet!
First off you'll need a really large deep pan or pot preferably oven safe.
Next we have 2 options here meat or no meat..
If you aren't in the mood for beef just sub it with some zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower and whatever else you find hiding in your fridge just skip browning the beef and go right to the onions.
Today we went with meat so you'll want to add about a tablespoon of olive oil to a pan and add lean ground beef.
Cook ground beef until brown breaking it up with a spatula until crumbly.
Add onions and garlic. Sauté until onions are softened and garlic is fragrant.
Add celery, carrots, bell pepper and mushrooms.. Unless your like me and forget the mushrooms then you'll add them a little later..
Stir until well combined.
If you went the veggie route add all your veggies now.
Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, italian seasoning, granulated garlic and salt.
Add honey and stir until well combined.
Don't mind my 1/2 teaspoon measuring spoon, I used a whole teaspoon.
If your like me and discover you forgot your mushrooms then you'll add them now and then stir well.
Add pasta and chicken broth and stir until well combined.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until pasta is almost al dente 10 minutes.
Mean while combine 1 cup cottage cheese or ricotta, 2 cups mozzarella cheese, granulated garlic, pepper, parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
Note: I used cottage cheese because we almost always have it in the fridge and just running to the grocery store is way more complicated then it use to be plus I don't think I can ever step in the store without spending at least $50.
Spread the cheesy goodness all over the top and pop this bad boy into a 450 degree preheated oven if your pan is oven safe for 8-10minutes until cheese is bubbly and lightly brown or cover and cook over low heat until cheese is melted.
Easy peasy! 2 Dishes, a cutting board and a knife and dinner is done!
If your feeling rather saucy you could always add:
Pizzeria Style Cheesy Breadsticks. You can make the dough the night before and place it in the refrigerator to rise. Just allow it to come to room temperature before rolling dough.
These are so good you really should have them with your pasta.
One Pot Lasagna Pasta Skillet Gluten Free Option
Recipe by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
An easy one pot Lasagna Pasta recipe with a gluten free option. So much easier to make then traditional lasagna and just as delicious.Prep time: PT15M
Cook time: PT20M
Total time: PT35M
Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 pound Lean Ground Beef
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 whole Onion, Chopped Fine
- 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 stalks Celery, Diced
- 2 whole Carrots, Diced
- 1 whole Bell Pepper, Seeded and Diced
- 8 ounces Mushrooms, Sliced
- 28 ounces Diced Tomatoes
- 15 ounces Tomato Sauce
- 6 ounces Tomato Paste
- 2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Granulated Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt or To Taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper or To Taste
- 1 teaspoon Honey Or To Taste
- 16 ounces Dried Pasta, Use Brown Rice Pasta For Gluten Free
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Cottage Cheese Or Ricotta Cheese
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, Grated
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Italian Parsley, Finely Chopped
- In a large deep pot or skillet preferably oven safe with a lid like a dutch oven add olive oil and heat over medium high heat until hot. Add ground beef and cook until brown.
- Add onion and garlic, stir until onion and garlic are softened.
- Stir in celery, carrots, bell pepper, mushrooms, tomatoes, tomato sauce and paste, Italian seasoning, granulated garlic, sea salt, pepper and honey until well combined.
- Add dried pasta and chicken stock stir until well combined. Bring to a simmer, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for about 10 minutes or until pasta is just a little short of al dente.
- If your pot is oven safe preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix together cottage cheese, mozzarella, parmesan, granulated garlic, pepper and parsley.
- Once pasta is almost tender remove lid and spread cheese mixture over the top.
- If pot is oven safe place pot into the oven to finish cooking and brown the top for about 8-12 minutes or until cheese is lightly brown and pasta is tender.
- If pot is not oven safe spread cheese mixture over the top, recover and cook over low heat until cheese is melted, bubbly and pasta is tender.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.