Wow could today already really be May 5th? I'm so excited summers almost here!
Happy Cinco De Mayo!
I love Cinco De Mayo simply because it's one of those great reason's to eat Mexican food and drink margarita's which is defiantly on the top of my all time favorite things list!
In case you need an easy sweet treat for dessert these Cinnamon Sugar Tortillas are a favorite in our household.
The kids beg for me to make these every time we have Homemade Soft Flour Tortillas.
When I'm feeling fancy we even drizzle them with a little strawberry puree and whip cream.
Stir together 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
In a skillet melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat.
Add 1 uncooked Homemade Flour Tortilla and cook until bubbly and lightly brown about 1 1/2-2 minutes. Flip tortilla and brown other side.
Repeat with remaining tortillas and butter.
Remove from pan and sprinkle generously with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
These are really good with a drizzle of strawberry puree and whip cream in case your looking for something a little bit fancier to impress your guests.
Be warned it's hard to eat just one!
Cinnamon Sugar Tortillas
Cinnamon Sugar Tortillas are an easy to make dessert for Mexican night, Taco Tuesday or Cinco De Mayo.Prep time: PT5M
Cook time: PT15M
Total time: PT20M
Yield: 4 Servings
- 4 Uncooked Homemade Flour Tortillas
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- For Serving: Pureed Strawberries, Whip Cream and Honey
- In a large skillet melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium high heat. Add 1 uncooked flour tortilla and cook until bubbly and starting to brown. Flip tortilla over and brown the other side.
- In a small bowl mix together granulated sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle cooked tortilla with cinnamon sugar mixture. Top with additional toppings if desired and serve.
- Repeat step 1 with remaining butter and tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar mixture and top with desired toppings.