Posted by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch / Tuesday, May 20, 2014
Peanut Butter Blondies
We made these delicious Peanut Butter Blondies for Mother's Day because we had already devoured the Frozen Strawberry Cheesecake I shared with you that day.
Matter of fact these didn't last long either and may or may not have resulted in a melt down from one of the kids.
Someone ate more then their share resulting in some serious interrogation in our house.
You would think we never have dessert the way it all went down but to be honest if it was my slice of Peanut Butter Blondies I might have resulted to interrogating people too.
We might take dessert a little too seriously sometimes.
Melt 1 cup butter. Add melted butter to mixer and add remaining 1/4 cup cold butter and mix on low speed until butter is melted.
Add 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar, 1 1/4 cup Brown Sugar and 1 1/4 cup Peanut Butter. Mix on medium speed until well combined.
Add 1 tablespoon Vanilla and 1 teaspoon Salt. Mix until well combined.
Mix on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
Add 2 whole Eggs and 2 Egg Yolks, Beaten. Mix on medium-high speed until well combined and thickened.
Add 1 teaspoon Baking Soda and mix on medium speed until well combined and fluffy.
Add flour and mix on low speed until combined.
Add chocolate chips and mix until evenly distributed.
Butter a 9"x13" pan and line with parchment paper. Butter parchment paper.
Spread cookie dough evenly into the bottom of the pan.
(If you don't have parchment paper you can just butter pan well, the parchment paper makes it easy to remove the bars and slice.)
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until lightly brown.
Allow cookies to cool before slicing.
Cut blondies to desired size.
Enjoy with a large glass of milk and hide the pan they go fast!
Peanut Butter Blondies
Recipe by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Peanut Butter Blondies are an easy to make bar cookie perfect for any occasion.Prep time: PT15M
Cook time: PT30M
Total time: PT45M
Yield: 15 Servings
- 1 1/4 cups Cold Butter
- 1 1/4 cup Peanut Butter
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 whole Eggs
- 2 whole Egg Yolks
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour or Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 2 1/2 cups Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 9"x13" pan and line with parchment paper, butter parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt 1 cup Butter. Add melted butter and remaining 1/4 cup cold butter to a mixing bowl and mix on low speed until melted. Add peanut butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Mix on medium speed until well combined.
- Add vanilla and salt, mix until combined.
- Mix eggs and egg yolk together add to peanut butter mixture. Mix on medium-high speed until well combined and thickened.
- Add baking soda and mix on medium speed until well combined and fluffy.
- Add flour, mix on low speed until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread Peanut Butter Blondie dough evenly over the bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly brown.