An easy to make dinner that is done in under 30 minutes all in one pot. Chicken Enchilada Pasta Skillet is the perfect dinner after a busy day.
I've been working on a skillet revolution lately because I hate always having a never ending pile of dishes growing in the sink plus some nights dinner done in under 30 minutes leaves me jumping for joy.
The one thing I always loved about Hamburger Helper was the one skillet to clean and how easy it was to make.
No one should have to fill the dishwasher multiple times per day, unless you have 10 kids then I am so sorry for the dishes and laundry I can only fathom how crazy this drives you.
Just the thought makes me want to pull the hair out of my head.
Chicken Enchilada Pasta Skillet is made totally from scratch, easy to make, no canned enchilada sauce needed and tastes amazing!
It's a perfect combination of two of my favorite things pasta and enchilada's all in one perfect dish.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet or pot. Add 1/2 whole diced onion and sauté until onion starts to caramelize.
Add 2 cloves minced garlic and 1/4 cup chili powder. Stir for about a minute over medium heat until fragrant.
Add 6 ounces tomato paste,1 teaspoon oregano and 2 teaspoons cumin. Stir until well combined.
Slowly pour in 1 cup water and 4 cups chicken stock.
Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon hot sauce or to taste (I like Cholula Hot Sauce), 1 whole diced bell pepper and 2 large chicken breast diced.
Bring to a simmer.
Add 1 can drained and rinsed black beans, 1 cup corn, and 1 pound uncooked rotini pasta.
For Gluten Free use Brown Rice GF Noodles.
Stir until well combined. Return to a simmer, reduce heat to low and cover.
Cook for 13 minutes or until pasta is tender.
Remove lid and cook until sauce is desired thickness. About 1-3 minutes.
Cover with 2 cups shredded cheese. We used 1 cup cheddar and 1 cup pepper jack.
Serve with diced avocado, fresh tomatoes, olives, cilantro and greek yogurt or sour cream.
So easy and so good!
Here's the recipe so your tummy can be happy too!
Chicken Enchilada Pasta Skillet
An easy to make dinner that is done in under 30 minutes and is made in one pot. Chicken Enchilada Pasta Skillet is the perfect dinner after a busy day.Prep time: PT10M
Cook time: PT20M
Total time: PT30M
Yield: 6 Servings
- 2 tablespoons Butter or Olive Oil
- 1/2 whole Onion, Diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1/4 cup Chili Powder
- 6 ounces Tomato Paste
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 cup Water
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Hot Sauce Or To Taste
- 1 whole Bell Pepper, Seeded and Diced
- 2 whole Large Chicken Breast, Diced
- 15 ounces Canned Black Beans, Drained and Rinsed
- 1 cup Sweet Corn
- 16 ounces Uncooked Rotini Pasta
- 2 cups Shredded Cheese (Cheddar, Pepper Jack Or A Combination)
- For Serving: Avocado, Fresh Tomatoes, Olives, Cilantro and Sour Cream Or Greek Yogurt
- In a large skillet or pot melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute until caramelized.
- Reduce heat to medium add garlic and chili powder. Stir for about a minute until fragrant.
- Stir in tomato paste, oregano and cumin.
- Slowly pour in water and chicken stock until smooth.
- Add salt, hot sauce, bell pepper and chicken breast. Bring to a simmer.
- Stir in black beans, corn and pasta. Return to a simmer, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 13 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Remove lid and simmer until sauce is desired thickness about 1-3 minute.
- Cover with cheese.
- Serve with desired toppings.
If you like this recipe you might also like: