One Skillet Chicken Macaroni and Cheese is a super easy to make dinner option sure to please even the most pickiest eaters. This recipe includes a gluten free option.
I needed something quick and easy to make the other night and the kids were in the mood for macaroni and cheese.
We already had things with hamburger in it two nights in a row so I decided to change up my One Skillet Cheeseburger Helper with chicken breast and a few tweaks, let me tell you it was devoured in 2.2 seconds.
Always a sign of a good thing!
If you have a gluten free household this dish is easily made gluten free using gluten free brown rice noodles.
I've made different variations of this dish using traditional noodles and Gluten Free Brown Rice Noodles and no one can tell the difference.
I love how easy and simple this is to make, some nights the less fuss the better.
It takes only a few more minutes then the boxed stuff and is 10 times tastier plus it's a one skillet dish meaning very few dishes!
In a large skillet with a lid or a pot add 2 tablespoons Olive Oil or Butter. Add 1/2 whole diced Onion and sauté until softened.
Add 2 whole large Diced Chicken Breast and sauté until chicken is light brown over medium-high heat.
Add 1 whole diced Bell Pepper, 2 cloves minced Garlic, 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder, 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt, 1 tablespoon Tomato Paste, 1/2 teaspoon Dijion Mustard, 16 ounces Uncooked Pasta, 4 cups Chicken Stock and 1 cup Milk or Half and Half.
Mix until well combined.
Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
Reduce heat to low and cover.
Cook for 14 minutes or until pasta is tender.
Remove lid if mixture is still really soupy cook with lid off an additional 1-2 minutes until thickened.
Add cheddar cheese and stir until melted.
Be warned this will quickly become a favorite!
One Skillet Chicken Macaroni and Cheese With A Gluten Free Option
One Skillet Chicken Macaroni and Cheese is super easy to make for any night of the week. A gluten free option is provided for those with sensitive households.Prep time: PT10M
Cook time: PT15M
Total time: PT25M
Yield: 5 Servings
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Butter
- 1/2 whole Onion, Diced
- 2 whole Large Chicken Breast, Diced
- 1 whole Red Bell Pepper,Diced (Optional)
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijion Mustard (GF)
- 16 ounces Rotini, Penne Or Large Macaroni Noodles (Brown Rice Noodles For Gluten Free)
- 4 cups Chicken Stock (GF)
- 1 cup Milk or Half and Half
- 3 cups Cheddar Cheese, Grated
- In a large skillet with a lid or pot add olive or butter. Heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and saute until softened.
- Add chicken and cook until lightly brown.
- Add bell pepper, garlic, granulated garlic, salt, tomato paste, dijion mustard, pasta, chicken stock and milk or half and half. Stir until well combined.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low and cover pot.
- Cook for 14 minutes. Remove lid and cook until thickened if still runny about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheddar cheese until melted.