A great use for zucchini. Zucchini Bread with Brown Butter Crumb will quickly become a favorite.
One of my favorite things about this time of year is the endless amounts of Zucchini growing in the garden.
It gives me the perfect excuse to make endless amounts of Zucchini Bread and I usually freeze excess zucchini shredded in pre-measured bags to make Zucchini Bread all winter long.
Zucchini Bread with Brown Sugar Crumb will quickly become your go to Zucchini Bread recipe.
L.J. thought I was crazy when I told him I was making zucchini bread, he even declared there was no way he was trying it until he accidentally cut a slice thinking it was banana bread and realized what he was missing out on.
I made this recipe to make two loafs because let's be honest ones never enough.
Sometimes I'll hide the second loaf of bread in the freezer to enjoy later if it happens to last that long.
So here's how to make the Brown Sugar Crumb in a mixing bowl combine 3/4 cup Flour (All-Purpose or Whole Wheat Pastry Flour), 3/4 cup Brown Sugar and 1 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt until well combined.
If you use standard iodized salt you will need to reduce the amount, sea salt is less salty.
Add 6 tablespoons Cold Cubed Butter and mix until crumbly.
Mixture should look like this. Remove to a small bowl and set aside.
In a clean bowl add 1 cup Brown Sugar and 1 cup Granulated Sugar. Add 1 cup Butter or Coconut Oil.
Mix until light and fluffy.
Add 4 eggs one at a time mixing well between each addition and scraping sides of bowl.
Add 2 teaspoons Vanilla and mix well.
Add 3 teaspoons Cinnamon, 3/4 teaspoon Nutmeg, 2 teaspoons Baking Powder, 1 teaspoon Baking Soda, 1 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt and 3 cups Shredded Zucchini.
Mix until well combined.
Add 4 cups All-Purpose or Whole Wheat Pastry Flour and 1 cup Chopped Nuts.
Stir until well combined, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
Press crumb mixture between fingers and divide evenly between pans.
Allow batter to rest for 20 minutes for a well rounded loaf.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 60-70 minutes until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.
Allow loaf to cool before slicing.
Zucchini Bread with Brown Sugar Crumb is perfect plain or with a pat of butter.
Zucchini Bread With Brown Sugar Crumb
A great use for zucchini. Zucchini Bread with Brown Butter Crumb will quickly become a favorite.Prep time: PT12M
Cook time: PT70M
Total time: PT1H22M
Yield: 2 Loaves
- 3/4 cup Flour (All-Purpose of Whole Wheat Pastry Flour)
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 6 tablespoons Butter, Cold Cut Into Cubes
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Butter Or Coconut Oil
- 4 whole Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 teaspoons Cinnamon, Ground
- 3/4 teaspoons Nutmeg, Ground
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Sea Salt
- 3 cups Zucchini, Shredded
- 4 cups All-Purpose Flour Or Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 cup Nuts, Chopped (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease (2) 9"x5"x3" loaf pans and set aside.
- For Brown Sugar Crumb: In a mixing bowl add 3/4 cup Flour, 3/4 cup brown sugar and 1 1/4 teaspoon sea salt. Mix until well combined. Add 6 tablespoons cold butter and mix until crumbly and butter is evenly distributed. Move to a small bowl and set aside.
- In a clean mixing bowl add 1 cup brown sugar, 1 cup granulated sugar and remaining 1 cup butter or coconut oil. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs 1 at a time beating well between each addition. Scrape sides of bowl well.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Stir in cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt and shredded zucchini until well combined.
- Add flour and nuts if using and stir until combined.
- Divide batter evenly between greased loaf pans. Press crumb topping between fingers and divide evenly over batter.
- Allow loafs to rest for 20 minutes for a well rounded loaf.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of loaf comes out clean.
- Allow loafs to cool completely before slicing.