One of the most requested dinners in our house One Skillet Hamburger Beef Stroganoff is an easy to make quick, easy and inexpensive dinner idea.
One Skillet Hamburger Beef Stroganoffs one of my favorite quick, easy and inexpensive dinner solutions.
I've been experimenting over the last few months to perfect an easier version of our families all time most requested dinner.
The kids 90 percent of the time request Beef Stroganoff for their Birthdays and any other time they can but my traditional recipe takes a bit more prep then this easy to make version and the hamburger keeps it budget friendly for an easy to make weeknight meal done in under 25 minutes.
I also love that every things done in one pot like the good old Hamburger Helper stuff but this is so much better and way easier to make!
I am still in love with my traditional Beef Stroganoff Recipe From Scratch but this is my go to recipe for a quick weeknight meal.
It's guaranteed to please!
In a large deep skillet or pot with a lid add 1 tablespoon Olive Oil and 1 pound of Lean Ground Beef.
Cook until hamburger is brown.
Add 1 whole Sliced Onion and 3 cloves Minced Garlic, cook until onion starts to caramelize.
Add 8 ounces Sliced Mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are softened.
Stir in 4 cups Beef Broth, 1/2 teaspoon Thyme, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce and 12 ounces Egg Noodles. Stir until well combined and cover. Egg Noodles may not be full submerged and that's ok. Cover pot and bring to a simmer, stir and turn temprature to low. Cook for 6 minutes. Stir again and recover pot, cook an additional 6 minutes.
Cook for a total of 12 minutes or until noodles are tender.
Remove from heat and stir in 2 cups Sour Cream until well combined.
Garnish with Chopped Parsley or Green Onions and serve immediatly.
Another easy meal for a busy weeknight!
One Skillet Hamburger Beef Stroganoff
One of the most requested dinners in our house One Skillet Hamburger Beef Stroganoff is an easy to make quick, easy and inexpensive dinner idea.Prep time: PT5M
Cook time: PT15M
Total time: PT20M
Yield: 5 Servings
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound Lean Ground Beef
- 1 whole Onion, Sliced
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 8 ounces Mushrooms, Sliced
- 4 cups Beef Broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 12 ounces Dried Egg Noodles
- 2 cups Sour Cream
- Chopped Parsley Or Scallions For Garnish
- In a large skillet or pot with a lid add olive oil and ground beef over medium-high heat. Cook until hamburger is broken up and starting to brown.
- Stir in onions and garlic. Cook until onions start to caramelize. Add mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are starting to soften.
- Add beef broth, thyme, worcestershire sauce and dried egg noodles. Stir until well combined bring to a simmer, cover and reduce heat to low. If egg noodles aren't full submerged stir pot after 6 minutes. Cook for a total of 12 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Garnish with parsley or scallions and serve.
Check out these other two Beef Stroganoff favorites:
Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff made with stew meat.