Posted by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch / Tuesday, December 9, 2014
Double Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies
Soft and chewy chocolate cookies with chocolate and mint chips are a favorite all year and super easy to make.
When we were at the grocery store last weekend there was one of those displays of mint baking chips on sale that was screaming, stock up! Stock up now before they're gone because you know the minute you run out and head back to the store to get more they'll be gone.
So yesterday when the kids were wanting to make cookies to fill our snowman jar we decided on Double Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies.
They're always a favorite and perfect for the cookie jar or holiday cookie trays.
We thought these would be great to enjoy while we decorated our Christmas tree but by the time we had dinner we opted to snuggle on the couch with our cookies and watch a Christmas movie instead.
Our poor tree has been sitting in the corner of the living room naked for the last few days.
Hopefully tonight everyone will be up to getting it decorated.
If not we'll have to make another batch of Double Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies for tomorrow because they'll be gone by tonight!
Good thing I stocked up.
Cream together 1 cup Room Temprature Butter, 1 1/4 cup Brown Sugar and 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar.
Add 2 whole Eggs, one at a time and 1 tablespoon of Pure Vanilla Extract. Beat until smooth.
Scrapes sides of bowl well and mix in 3/4 cup Cocoa Powder, 1 teaspoon Sea Salt and 1 teaspoon Baking Soda until well blended.
Add 2 cups Flour, mix until well incorporated and scape sides of bowl as needed.
Stir in 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and 1 cup Mint Baking Chips until evenly blended.
Using a heaping tablespoon or standard sized cookie scoop place cookies on ungreased baking sheet about 2" apart. Use remaining chocolate chips and mint baking chips to press into top of dough balls.
Bake in a 375 degree oven for 8-10 minutes until set around edges but centers are soft.
Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 4 minutes before removing them to a cooling rack.
Cool completely before storing.
Double Chocolate and Mint, what's not to love?
Double Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies
Recipe by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Soft and chewy chocolate cookies with chocolate chips and mint chips are easy to make and a favorite year around.Prep time: PT10M
Cook time: PT8M
Total time: PT20M
Yield: 48 Cookies
- 1 cup Butter, Room Temprature
- 1 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 cups All-Pupose or Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 1/4 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/4 cup Mint Baking Chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time and vanilla beating until well combined after each addition.
- Add cocoa powder, sea salt and baking soda. Mix until well combined. Scrapes sides of bowl.
- Add flour and mix until combined.
- Stir in 1 cup each of semi-sweet chocolate chips and mint baking chips.
- Scoop cookie dough by heaping tablespoon or standard sized cookie scoop onto an ungreased or parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Use remaining chocolate chips to press into cookie dough balls.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes until set around the edges and centers are still soft.
- Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool 4 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.