Two of my favorite things in the whole wide world are Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip and One Skillet Meals only because I totally hate doing dishes.
One Skillet Spinach Artichoke Pasta combines both of those with a gluten free option using brown rice noodles instead of regular pasta ( I promise no one will know it's GF).
It's cheesyliciousness at it's best and filled with lots of spinach and artichoke hearts leaving my taste buds singing for more!
Colt nabbed the leftovers for lunch and said he almost thought it was even better the next day because the flavors had melded.
This is comfort food at it's prime and done in under 30 minutes.
It's like a little taste of heaven in every bite!
In a large skillet with a lid melt 2 tablespoons Butter or Olive Oil over medium-high heat. Add 4 cloves Minced Garlic and 1-2 Jalapenos Seeded and Diced.
Cook until garlic is softened and fragrant being careful not to burn.
Stir in 16 ounces Penne Pasta (For Gluten Free use Brown Rice Penne Pasta Noodles), 4 cups Chicken Stock, 2/3 cup Half & Half or Milk, 4 Ounces Cubed Cream Cheese, 14 ounces Drained Chopped Artichoke Hearts and a generous pinch of Red Pepper Flakes (Optional). Stir until combined. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low and cover.
Cook for 12 minutes.
Remove lid and stir in 6 ounces Fresh Spinach. Recover and cook for 1-2 minutes until spinach is just barely wilted.
Add 2 cups Shredded Jack Cheese and 1 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese.
Stir until cheese is melted.
I told you it was EZ Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
Creamy, cheesy and full of spinach and artichoke hearts just sayin I'm not sure it gets much better then this!
Just make sure if your planning on eating any leftovers for lunch to hid them better then me.
One Skillet Spinach Artichoke Pasta With A Gluten Free Option
One Skillet Spinach and Artichoke Heart Pasta is easy to make and only requires 1 skillet! No cooking pasta separately required!Prep time: PT8M
Cook time: PT17M
Total time: PT25M
Yield: 6 Servings
- 2 tablespoons Butter Or Olive Oil
- 1-2 whole Jalapenos, Seeded and Diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 16 ounces Uncooked Penne Pasta (Brown Rice Penne Pasta For GF)
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 2/3 cup Half and Half or Milk
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese, Cubed
- 14 ounces Artichoke Hearts, Drained and Roughly Chopped
- 1 pinch Red Pepper Flakes Or To Taste (Optional)
- 6 ounces Baby Spinach
- 2 cups Jack Cheese, Shredded
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- In a large skillet with a lid melt butter or heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add jalapeno and garlic. Cook until garlic is softened and fragrant.
- Stir in uncooked pasta, chicken stock, half and half or milk, cream cheese, artichoke hearts and red pepper flakes to taste. Stir until well combined and bring to a simmer. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 12 minutes.
- Remove lid and stir in baby spinach until well combined. Cover and cook an additional 1-2 minutes until spinach is just barely wilted being careful not to over cook. Stir in jack and Parmesan cheese until melted.