It's been super hot here the last few weeks, way warmer then usual for Seattle so we've been barbecuing and enjoy cold foods as much as possible in an attempt to keep the house cool.
When the weather's hot Caesar Salad is a staple in our house.
Sometimes we enjoy it as a side but more often then not we toss in a little grilled chicken or steak and call it a meal.
The other night we stuffed it in pita bread for a quick and easy dinner.
The kids always love when I serve things in pita bread and it makes an easy lunch or dinner on the go.
I usually make Caesar Salad with this Healthier Caesar Salad Dressing to cut back on calories and increase the protein by using low fat greek yogurt over traditional egg yolks or mayonnaise for a healthier option.
This dressing is so easy to make you will no longer have a need to buy dressing from the store.
In a blender add 1 cup Low Fat or Non Fat Greek Yogurt, 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 3 teaspoons Anchovy Paste or about 6-7 Anchovies, 1/4 cup Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice, 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce, 1/2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard, 1-2 cloves Garlic.
Blend until smooth and creamy,
Add 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese and Fresh Black Pepper to taste.
Blend until smooth.
Serve over ice cold Romaine Lettuce with Parmesan Cheese and Croutons.
For a meal add Grilled Chicken and enjoy!
Healthier Caesar Salad Dressing
A healthier version of classic Caesar Salad dressing using Greek Yogurt with easy to follow step by step instructions with photos.Prep time: PT5M
Cook time: PT0M
Total time: PT5M
Yield: 1 1/3 cups
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt, Low Fat or Non Fat
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 teaspoons Anchovy Paste or 6-7 Anchovies
- 1/4 cup Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1-2 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- Fresh Black Pepper To Taste
- In a blender add greek yogurt, olive oil, anchovy paste, lemon juice worcestershire sauce, mustard and garlic. Puree until smooth and cream.
- Add cheese and black pepper. Puree until smooth.
- Serve over romaine lettuce with parmesan cheese and croutons.