Posted by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch / Wednesday, August 19, 2015
Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
My friend Michelle gave me 2 giant zucchinis a little while back so I decided yesterday to use them before they go to waste and made this Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread.
This recipes life altering it's so chocolaty and super moist! It makes 2 loaves since most the time when I make zucchini bread it's with one of those zucchini's that's way to large to eat and this breads one of those that has to be shared!
Colt just happened to grab the second loaf this morning to take to work and texted me to let me know everyone is in love with it! Not that I had even the slightest doubt! I still have a huge zucchini and a half left so I'm thinking I should make a few loaves to take to the neighbors!
Who doesn't love a super chocolaty loaf of bread packed with lots of hidden veggies?With 1 1/2 cups of zucchini per loaf I totally didn't feel guilty indulging in a slice for breakfast with my cuppa, it was the perfect way to start my day!
Cream together 1 cup Solid Coconut Oil or Room Temperature Butter, 1 cup Granulated Sugar and 1 cup Brown Sugar until light and fluffy. Add 4 whole Eggs one at a time beating well between each addition.
Note: I have used both butter and the coconut oil, I prefer coconut oil but butter works equally as well.
Add 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract, 2 teaspoons Baking Powder, 1 teaspoon Baking Soda and 1 1/2 teaspoons Sea Salt. Mix until well combined.
Add 3 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour or All-Purpose Flour, 3 cups Grated Zucchini, 2/3 cup Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder or Natural Cocoa Powder, 1/4 cup Hot Coffee, 1 cup Semi-Sweet or Dark Chocolate Chips, and 1 cup Chopped Nuts (optional).
Stir until well combined and scrape bowl well.
Divide batter equally between (2) 9"x5"x3" greased loaf pans and sprinkle 1/4 cup Chocolate Chips over each loaf. Spread batter into corners and leave center slightly hallowed.
Allow loaves to rest 20 minutes while oven preheats to 350 degrees.
Bake for 60-70 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of each loaf comes out clean.
Allow to cool completely before slicing.
Colt just happened to add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to his piece!
Oh my gosh was it good!
Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Recipe by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread is super moist and the perfect use for garden zucchini! It won't last long!Prep time: PT15M
Cook time: PT70M
Total time: PT1H35M
Yield: 2 Loaves
- 1 cup Solid Coconut Oil or Room Temperature Butter
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 4 whole Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Sea Salt
- 3 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour Or All-Purpose
- 3 cups Zucchini, Grated
- 2/3 cup Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder or Natural Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 cup Hot Coffee, Strongly Brewed
- 1 1/2 cups Dark Chocolate or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Walnuts, Chopped (optional)
- Grease (2) 9"x5"x3" loaf pans and set aside.
- Cream together coconut oil or butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well between each addition.
- Add vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Stir until well combined.
- Stir in flour, zucchini, cocoa powder, coffee, 1 cup chocolate chips and nuts until well combined. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl as needed.
- Divide batter evenly between greased loaf pans and push batter into corners of loaf pan and leave center slightly hallowed. Sprinkle each loaf with 1/4 cup chocolate chips. Allow loaves to rest for 20 minutes while oven preheats to 350 degrees.
- Bake loaves for 60-70 minutes until toothpick inserted into the center of each loaf comes out clean.
- Allow loaves to cool completely before slicing.