My recent obsession with Sweet and Sour Recipes is no secret it's been my thing lately.
I'm not sure if it has to do with fall or the fact my favorite Chinese spot is no longer around so it's either do it myself or go through Chinese food withdrawals the rest of my life.
Personally I'm picking option 1 because 2 really isn't an option in my book.
Crock Pot Sweet and Sour Chicken is so easy to toss together and perfect for those nights you don't have much time to hang in the kitchen.
I loaded it with pineapple, bell peppers, carrots and sugar peas so all it really needs is some steamed or fried rice and bam dinners done!
I don't think it can get much easier then this!
In your Crockpot add 1/4 cup Corn Starch and 1/2 cup Ketchup.
Whisk together well to prevent lumps because we all know no one likes lumpy sauce.
Then add 1/2 cup Natural Rice Vinegar, 1/2 cup Sweet Chili Sauce, 1/4 cup Brown Sugar, 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce and 1 tablespoon Sesame Seed Oil.
Slowly whisk in 2 cups Chicken Stock.
Add 3 whole Chicken Breast Diced into about 1 1/2" pieces, 1 whole Diced Medium Sized Onion, 3 cloves Minced Garlic and 3 whole Chopped Carrots.
Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
For the last hour of cooking add 1 whole Chopped Pineapple Peeled, Cored, and Chopped and 3 whole Chopped Bell Peppers.
I used 3 different colored bell peppers but feel free to use whatever color you like.
Cook an additional 45 minutes and check chicken doneness.
Add 8 ounces Sugar Peas or Snow Peas and recover.
Cook an additional 15 minutes or until peas are desired doneness.
Serve over the top of steamed rice or with a side of fried rice.
You can't go wrong with either one!
This was yummy in every way!
The whole family loves Crockpot Sweet and Sour Chicken and what's not to love it's easy to make and full of goodness!
If your looking for more tasty Sweet and Sour Recipes don't forget these Sweet and Sour Meatballs or Sticky Sweet and Sour Baby Back Ribs!
Crockpot Sweet And Sour Chicken
An easy to make dinner for a busy day Crockpot Sweet and Sour Chicken the perfect cure for Chinese food cravings!Prep time: PT10M
Cook time: PT6H0M
Total time: PT6H10M
Yield: 6 Servings
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 1/2 cup Natural Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Seed Oil
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 3 whole Chicken Breast, Cut 1 1/2" Pieces
- 1 whole Onion, Diced
- 3 whole Carrots, Diced
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 whole Pineapple, Peeled, Cored and Diced
- 3 whole Bell Peppers, Diced (I used 1 Green, Red and Yellow.)
- 8 ounces Snow Peas or Sugar Peas
- Cooked Rice For Serving
- Whisk together cornstarch and ketchup in crockpot until smooth. Then add vinegar, sweet chili sauce, brown sugar, soy sauce and sesame seed oil. Slowly whisk in chicken stock until well combined.
- Add chicken breast, onions, carrots and garlic. Set crockpot to low and cook for 4-5 hours covered.
- Add pineapple and bell peppers. Cook an additional 45 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Stir in snow peas or sugar peas and cook until desired doneness 10-15 minutes.
- Serve over rice or on the side.