These are my all time favorite Fudge Brownies!
I made these last week to surprise the family before they came home. I always love the look on their faces when they walk through the door and are hit by the smell of freshly baked goods! All 3 kids and Colt walked directly to the kitchen led by their nose when they arrived home, to find the smell of the chocolaty goodness.
Homemade Brownies take just a little more work then a box mix but I have yet to meet a box mix that compares, and it's worth every minute of time! These are super fudgy and the chocolate really shines through!
If you love Fudge Brownies as much as we do, I know you'll love this recipe!
In a small bowl whisk together 2/3 cup Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder, and 3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour or Whole Wheat Pastry Flour, until well combined.
In a large saucepan add 1 1/2 cups Butter, and 1 1/2 cups Good Quality Chocolate Chips.
Cook over low heat until chocolate and butter is melted.
Remove from heat.
Stir in 1 cup Brown Sugar, 1 cup Granulated Sugar, and 1 teaspoon Salt, until sugar is dissolved.
Allow mixture to rest for 5-10 minutes, until close to room temperature, so eggs don't curdle.
Whisk in 6 whole Eggs, 1 at a time beating well between each addition.
Stir in 1 teaspoon Vanilla, until well combined.
Add Cocoa Powder mixture and 1 cup Chopped Nuts (optional).
I used Hazelnuts just because I had some in the cupboard, and they are one of my favs!
Stir until well combined.
Butter a 9"x13" pan well.
Pour Brownie Batter into pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes until edges are set but center is slightly loose when pan is moved.
Allow Fudge Brownies to cool completely before slicing.
Serve plain or with a big scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream!
Either way you can't go wrong!
Fudge Brownies are easy to make and so much better then a boxed mix! Lots of rich chocolate flavor and fudgy texture make these a favorite!Prep time: PT15M
Cook time: PT45M
Total time: PT1H0M
Yield: 16 Bars
- 3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour Or Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 2/3 cup Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder or All Natural Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/2 cups Butter, Plus More For Greasing Pan
- 1 1/2 cups Chocolate Chips, Good Quality (Semi Sweet or Dark Chocolate)
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 6 whole Eggs, Room Temperature
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Chopped Nuts, Optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 9"x13" pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together flour and cocoa powder until well combined and set aside.
- In a large sized saucepan add butter and chocolate chips. Cook over low heat until butter and chocolate are melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in both sugars, and salt, until sugar is dissolved.
- Allow chocolate mixture to cool for 5-10 minutes, until close to room temperature.
- Stir in eggs one at a time mixing well between each addition. With the last egg stir in vanilla, and mix until well combined.
- Stir flour mixture and nuts into wet ingredients, and mix until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes until brownies are set but center is still slightly loose.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing.