Strawberry Cheesecake Stuffed Angel Food Cake is a heavenly dessert that combines two of my favorite summertime treats into one! It's so very good! This recipe came about because I've been participating in a 30 Day Recipe Challenge with a group of other bloggers, and this months theme just happens to be strawberries.
The light Angel Food Cake actually makes the perfect vessel for stuffing with Strawberry Cheesecake. As if the Strawberry Cheesecake Stuffed Angel Food Cake wasn't enough, I used lightly sweetened whip cream to cover the cake for the perfect finish. The Angel Food Cake can be made the day before for easy assembly. The hardest part for me was cutting a straight line across the top.. Ha..Ha.. I always fail at cutting a cake perfectly in half except for this time when I only wanted to cut about a 1/3 of the way down, but I still think it's pretty even if it's not perfect! Besides taste is what really matters and I promise you it's d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s!
First off you'll need to make an Angel Food Cake and let it cool completely. I find it best to make the cake the day before.
To make the Strawberry Cheesecake Filling: Combine 1/4 cup Water and 1 envelope Unflavored Gelatin. Stir over low heat until gelatin dissolves, and becomes clear.
Puree 1 cup Chopped Strawberries until chunky.
Beat together 8 ounces Room Temperature Cream Cheese and 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar, until well combined.
Add Pureed Strawberries, 1/2 cup Finely Diced Strawberries, and cooked Gelatin.
Mix until well combined.
Cut the top off of Angel Food Cake about 1/3rd of the way down and set aside.
Run a sharp knife about an inch in from both edges going about a third of the way down, be careful not to cut through the bottom of the cake. Carefully remove the center of cake, making sure to leave at least and inch of cake on the bottom.
Fill cake with Strawberry Cheesecake Filling.
Replace top, cover, and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
Before serving beat together 1 1/2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream, 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar, and 1 teaspoon Vanilla, until cream reaches stiff peaks.
Use Whipping Cream to frost cake and enjoy!
I find a sharp serrated knife works best for clean neat slices of Strawberry Cheesecake Stuffed Angel Food Cake!
Not only is it delicious but pretty too! I hope you enjoy!
Check out all the other lovely strawberry recipes below from bloggers who took part in our 30 Day Strawberry Challenge.
Strawberry Pound Cake by Lovefoodies
Strawberry Crisp by Num's the Word
Strawberry Creme Bars by Life Currents
Strawberry popsicles (ice lollies) by Culinary Ginger
Strawberry Pudding by The Kitchen is My Playground
Strawberry Cheesecake Stuffed Angle Food Cake by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Fresh Strawberry and Peach Salsa by Hot Eats and Cool Reads
Glazed Strawberry Lemon Yogurt Loaf by Who Needs A Cape?
Strawberry BBQ Chicken by Savory Experiments
Strawberry Zabaione by Blessed Beyond Crazy
Frozen Strawberry Easy Dessert by Noshing With The Nolands
Strawberry Cheesecake Stuffed Angel Food Cake
A hollowed out Angel Food Cake is stuffed with Strawberry Cheesecake, for an easy to make dessert, that not only looks pretty, but tastes amazing!Prep time: PT20M
Cook time: PT0M
Total time: PT20M
Yield: 12 Servings
- 1 whole Angel Food Cake
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 envelope Unflavored Gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups Strawberries, Finely Chopped
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, Room Temperature
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Cut the top off of Angel Food Cake 1/3rd of the way down, remove top, and set aside. Use a sharp knife to cut a circle 1 inch from the edge and center of cake. Gentle hollow out the center of cake going about a 1/3rd of the way to the bottom. Leave at least 1 inch of cake around edges and bottom. Set aside.
- To make Strawberry Cheesecake Filling: In a small saucepan combine water and gelatin. Cook over low heat until clear and liquid like.
- Puree 1 cup of the chopped strawberries until chunky.
- Cream together cream cheese and granulated sugar until smooth. Add pureed strawberries, chopped strawberries and gelatin. Mix together until well combined, scraping edges as needed.
- Fill hollowed out Angel Food Cake with Strawberry Cheesecake Filling. Replace top on cake and cover. Refrigerate for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight.
- Before serving beat together heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract, until stiff peaks form.
- Cover Angel Food Cake in Whip Cream and serve.