If you've never had a Warm Potato Salad it's a must try. It's super easy to assemble, and I love that it's delicious served warm or cold. We eat a lot of different variations of Potato Salad, but Warm Potato Salad With Tangy Bacon Herb Vinaigrette is definitely one of my favorites! I could probably live off the stuff! The combination of warm baby potatoes, fresh dill, chives, bacon, covered in a tangy, grainy, mustard vinaigrette is to die for! I love that I don't have to plan ahead for this recipe since it's served warm and I usually have the ingredients on hand to toss together.
Whether your enjoying a simple dinner at home or headed to a neighborhood potluck Warm Potato Salad With Tangy Bacon Herb Vinaigrette is a wonderful side dish perfect for any occasion.
Place 3 pounds Baby Red and Yellow Potatoes in a large pot, cover with Water, 2 generous pinches of Salt, and bring to a boil. Cook for 15-30 minutes until potatoes are tender when poked with a fork, it will depend on potatoes size. Drain potatoes.
Brown 1/2 pound roughly chopped Bacon until brown and crispy.
Slice cooked potatoes in half or quarters dependent on size.
In a small bowl or shaker jar add 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar, 2 teaspoons Grainy Mustard, 1/4 teaspoon Granulated Garlic, 1/2 teaspoon Salt, 1/2 teaspoon Ground Pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon Honey.
Shake or whisk together until creamy. My whisk fits inside my glass measuring cup so I just rolled it between my hands to help incorporate air.
Add cooked bacon to potatoes.
Add 2 tablespoons Fresh Dill and 3 tablespoons Fresh Chives.
Drizzle with Tangy Vinaigrette and toss until well combined.
We love it warm so we don't need to wait for refrigeration but it's equally as delicious cold the next day after the flavors have a chance to mingle.
Warm Potato Salad With Tangy Bacon Herb Vinaigrette is a must make for this summer!
Warm Potato Salad With Tangy Bacon Herb Vinaigrette
The combination of warm baby potatoes, fresh dill, chives, bacon, covered in a tangy grainy mustard vinaigrette is to die for!Prep time: PT15M
Cook time: PT30M
Total time: PT45M
Yield: 8-10 Servings
- 3 pounds Baby Red and Yellow Potatoes
- 1/2 pound Bacon, Roughly Chopped
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Grainy Mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Honey
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Dill, Stems Removed and Chopped
- 3 tablespoons Chives, Chopped
- Fill a large pot with enough water to cover potatoes and add 2 generous pinches of salt. Add potatoes to pot and bring to a simmer. Cook for 15-30 minutes until potatoes are tender when poked with a fork. Drain potatoes.
- Brown bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Drain bacon on paper towels.
- Once potatoes are cool enough to handle, slice potatoes in half or quarters dependent on potato size and place in a large bowl.
- In a shaker jar or small bowl add olive oil, red wine vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt, pepper, and honey. Shake or whisk together, until emulsified, and creamy.
- Add cooked bacon, dill, and chives to potatoes. Drizzle with dressing, and toss until well coated. Serve immediately, or refrigerate for a cold salad.