Since we all know breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day these Bacon and Egg Grilled Cheese Breakfast Sandwiches are perfect when you need a portable meal on the go, but tasty enough for a lazy weekend at home.
Bacon and Egg Grilled Cheese Breakfast Sandwiches are composed of sourdough bread, a layer of cheese which just happens to be pepper jack on this occasion, a few slices of bacon, 2 fried eggs or scrambled if your prefer, another slice of cheese if desired, sandwiched between another slice of sourdough bread, and then grilled to golden delicious perfection!
These are totally and utterly delicious!
In a medium-high heat skillet or griddle melt plenty of butter and brown one side of Sourdough Bread until golden brown. If you prefer you can butter both sides of bread instead of greasing skillet.
Fry 2 whole Eggs or scramble over medium-high heat in a buttered skillet, until almost desired doneness. The eggs will firm up slightly in the grilled cheese.
Heavily grease skillet or griddle with more butter (if bread isn't buttered), and flip bread over so toasted side is up. Cover with a slice of your favorite cheese, we used Pepper Jack Cheese on this occasion.
Add 2 slices Fried Bacon.
And Fried or Scrambled Eggs. You can add an additional slice of cheese if desired, for extra cheesiness!
Place the second slice of toasted bread, toasted side down. Butter skillet or griddle well, if you didn't butter bread, and flip sandwich once bottom is golden brown.
Serious deliciousness! Bacon and Egg Grilled Cheese Breakfast Sandwiches make mornings way more enjoyable!
Bacon and Egg Grilled Cheese Breakfast Sandwiches
Bacon and Egg Grilled Cheese Breakfast Sandwiches are great to grab and go! So good!Prep time: PT5M
Cook time: PT15M
Total time: PT20M
Yield: 1 Sandwich
- 2 Slices Bacon
- 2 slices Sourdough Bread
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1-2 slices Favorite Cheese (We Used Pepper Jack)
- Fry bacon until crispy and brown. Drain on paper towel.
- Butter bread or melt plenty of butter in a skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Toast one side of bread.
- While bread browns, fry egg to almost desired doneness, eggs will firm up slightly in sandwich.
- Add more butter to the skillet or griddle if needed. Flip bread over so toasted side is up, add a slice of cheese, 2 slices of Bacon, fried eggs, and an additional slice of cheese if desired. Cover with toasted side of bread.
- Cook until bread is golden brown, and cheese is melted. Flip and toast other side adding more butter if needed.
- Slice in half if desired and enjoy!