Posted by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch / Tuesday, August 30, 2016
Hot Seafood Artichoke Dip
Two of my favorite party items at the moment happen to be Hot Seafood Artichoke Dip and JaM Cabernet. I think most people automatically grab for a white wine when pairing with seafood but JaM Cab is easy to love and is the perfect choice bursting with notes of juicy ripe berries and a smooth rounded finish.
The Hot Seafood Artichoke Dip is packed with plenty of Crab, Bay Shrimp, Artichokes, Herbs and Fontina Cheese. It takes under 15 minutes to assemble before popping it into the oven making it a simple party staple!
JaM Cellars are made by second generation Napa Valley Vintners John and Michele and they are the "J" and the "M" in JaM, they make wines in a style they love to enjoy with their friends any day of the week! They have three easy-to-love, everyday California wines: Butter Chardonnay, JaM Cabernet, and Toast Sparkling. Made in the tradition of great California winemaking- rich, bold, and luscious.
JaM Cellars Cab is definitely the best cab under $20 and a great pick for hosting your next party! Whether it be a late summer get together, outdoor game night with friends, or just a great bottle of wine for the hostess JaM Cellars Cab won't disappoint! Make sure to check out Chill out with JaM Cabernet for more great ideas and a chilling summer playlist down load!
You can find a list of local grocery stores by entering your zip code at JaMCellars.com/WineFinder!
To make the Hot Seafood Artichoke Dip sauté 2 tablespoons Minced shallot in 2 teaspoons Olive Oil until starting to brown. Add shallot to a large mixing bowl along with 8 ounces Room Temperature Cream Cheese, 1/3 cup Mayonnaise, 1/3 cup Sour Cream, 1 cup Grated Fontina Cheese, 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese, 2 tablespoons Chopped Fresh Chives, 1 tablespoon Chopped Fresh Dill, 2 tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice, 1/2 teaspoon Hot Sauce or to taste, and 1/4 teaspoon Salt. Mix together until creamy and well combined.
Stir in 1/2 pound Lump Crab Meat, 1/2 pound Bay Shrimp Meat, and 14 ounce Drained and Chopped Artichoke Hearts, until well combined.
Butter a 1 - 1 1/4 quart Oven Safe Baking Dish. Spread Seafood Artichoke Dip in bottom of pan and cover an additional 1/2 cup Fontina Cheese. Bake in a 425 degree preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until cheese is lightly brown. Garnish with additional chives if desired.
Serve with crostini, your favorite crackers, lemon wedges, and of course a glass of JaM Cellars Cab use their Wine Locator to find a store near you!
Hot Seafood Artichoke Dip
Recipe by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Hot Seafood Artichoke Dip. A creamy cheesy seafood dip filled with fontina cheese, crab, shrimp and artichoke hearts.Prep time: PT15M
Cook time: PT30M
Total time: PT45M
Yield: 10 Servings
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Shallots, Minced
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, Room Temperature
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup Fontina Cheese, Grated
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Chives, Chopped
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Dill, Chopped
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Hot Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 pound Lump Crab Meat
- 1/2 pound Bay Shrimp Meat
- 14 ounces Artichoke Hearts, Drained and Chopped
- 1/2 cup Fontina Cheese, Grated
- For Serving: Additional Chopped Chives, Crostini, Crackers, Lemon Wedges
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Butter a 1 to 1 1/4 quart oven safe baking dish and set aside.
- In a small saucepan heat olive oil. Saute shallot over medium-high heat until softened and lightly brown. Remove from heat.
- Cream together shallot, cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, 1 cup fontina cheese, parmesan cheese, chives, dill, lemon juice, hot sauce, and salt until well combined. Fold in crab, shrimp, and artichoke hearts.
- Spread Seafood Artichoke mixture evenly in buttered dish, and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup fontina cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until lightly brown.
- Garnish with additional chives if desired. Serve with crostini, crackers, and lemon wedges.