Posted by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch / Wednesday, August 3, 2016
Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
I know I told you about these Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwiches the other day when I shared my recipe for Crockpot Tomato Soup. If you haven't noticed we've sorta been on a grilled cheese kick around our house lately in all different forms of cheesy deliciousness!
Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese combines two favorite comfort foods into one delicious handheld bite perfect for dipping. A great Grilled Cheese is really hard to beat but the addition of mozzarella, parmesan, marinara sauce, and plenty of pepperoni on perfectly grilled sourdough bread really takes this sandwich to a whole new level the whole family's sure to love! Plus they are super easy to make in under 15 minutes start to finish, perfect for the end to a busy day.
So as promised here's the recipe.
In a large bowl combine 3 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, 1 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese, and 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning.
Toss until well combined.
Brush Sourdough Bread with Olive Oil until well coated.
Place oiled side down on a medium-high heat skillet or griddle. Add enough cheese mixture to cover.
Add 6 slices Pepperoni.
Cover pepperoni with a thin layer of Homemade Pizza Sauce or Marinara.
Cover pizza sauce with additional Cheese mixture.
Cover with another slice of Sourdough Bread and brush generously with olive oil. Cook until bottom is golden brown and then flip. Cook until golden.
Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwiches are not only an easy dinner, but the perfect way to switch up the lunch routine. The whole family's sure to love 'em! I mean who doesn't love all that cheesy deliciousness?
Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Recipe by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwiches combine 2 classic comfort foods into 1 delicious easy to make meal!Prep time: PT5M
Cook time: PT10M
Total time: PT15M
Yield: 5 Sandwiches
- 10 slices Sourdough Bread
- 3 cups Mozzarella Cheese, Grated
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- Olive Oil
- 30 slices Pepperoni
- 1 recipe Pizza Sauce
- In a medium size bowl combine mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, and italian seasonings.
- Heat a skillet or griddle until hot over medium-high heat.
- Brush 1 side of sourdough bread with olive oil and place in skillet oiled side down. Cover bread with cheese mixture, then add 6 slices pepperoni. Cover pepperoni with a thin layer of pizza sauce, then cover with another layer of cheese mixture, and top with another slice of sourdough bread. Brush top of bread with additional olive oil.
- Cook until golden brown, flip over, and brown. Adjust heat as need to ensure bread doesn't burn but cheese is melted.