Colt and I went out to a little Italian spot for our 17th Wedding Anniversary and they served Oven Roasted Garlic with bread. I had forgotten just how much I love Oven Roasted Garlic and decided to make it instead of garlic bread the other night with the Linguine Pasta with Shrimp and Walnut Pesto I will be sharing later this week.
I also use Oven Roasted Garlic a lot in Mashed Potatoes, on Pizza, and Salad Dressing. The sweet buttery Roasted Garlic makes a great substitute for butter on bread at the dinner table. The applications are endless.
If you've never made it, it's well worth the time! Oven Roasted Garlic will quickly become a kitchen staple.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut about 1/4" off of tops of Heads of Garlic, to expose cloves. Place in a small oven proof baking dish. Drizzle with 3-4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sprinkle with Salt. Rub to coat well with oil.
Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 50-60 minutes until golden brown and cloves are soft.
Oven Roasted Garlic is so easy to make and the flavor is incredible! It's fun to serve on a Antipasti tray for a party along with breads, dips, olives, and meat, it won't last long. Oven Roasted Garlic is a great swap for butter on garlic bread.
The possibilities are endless.
Oven Roasted Garlic
Oven Roasted Garlic is super easy to make and wonderful on bread instead of butter, beautiful on an antipasti plate, in mashed potatoes and vinaigrette.Prep time: PT5M
Cook time: PT1H0M
Total time: PT1H5M
Yield: 3 Heads
- 3-6 heads Garlic
- 3-4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut about 1/4 inch off of tops of heads of garlic to expose cloves.
- Place in a small oven safe baking dish. Drizzle garlic with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Rub olive oil all over heads of garlic to coat well.
- Cover dish tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until garlic is golden brown and cloves are softened.
- Serve as desired.