I love Shrimp Pasta in Walnut Basil Pesto with Roasted Tomatoes. Totally love it, love it, love it.
So we made it the other day, and we ate it, ate it, ate it.
This is totally a family, favorite, favorite, favorite!
So you should totally make it, make it, make it!
Ha..Ha.. Now I'm done rhyming!
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Toss 10 ounces Cherry Tomatoes with 1/2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil and 1/4 teaspoon Salt.
Place on a cookie sheet and cook for 18-20 minutes until tomatoes start to lightly color and pop.
Meanwhile cook 16 ounces Dried Linguine or desired Pasta in Salted Water until 1 minute short of Al Dente. Reserve 1 cup Pasta Water.
In a food processor or high powdered blender add 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, 6 whole Anchovy Filets, 2 cloves Garlic, 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest and 1 pinch Red Pepper Flakes. Pulse until finely ground and well combined.
Add 1/2 cup Fresh Basil Leaves and 2/3 cup Toasted Walnuts. With machine running slowly stream in 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Salt and Pepper Walnut Basil Pesto to taste.
In a heavy duty skillet over medium-high heat add 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil and 1 1/2 tablespoons Walnut Basil Pesto. Add 1 pound Shrimp and cook until bright pink on both sides.
If you don't use a non stick skillet the pesto might stick a little to the bottom of the pan but will loosen when pasta water is added.
Set shrimp aside.
Mix remaining pesto in pan with 1/4 cup of the Reserved Pasta Water and toss with Cooked Pasta. Add additional Pasta Water as needed to moisten the pasta and form sauce. Cook Pasta for an additional 1 minute until Pasta is al dente.
Add Shrimp, Roasted Tomatoes and 1/4 cup Ripped Basil Leaves.. Toss until well combined.
Serve with Fresh Parmesan Cheese and Cracked Black Pepper.
Even though Shrimp Pasta In Walnut Basil Pesto with Roasted Tomatoes is a mouthful to say and has a few steps to making the recipe, it's surprisingly easy to make.
The flavors are incredible and definitely a must add to the dinner rotation or to make for company!
Shrimp Pasta In Walnut Basil Pesto With Roasted Tomatoes
Shrimp Pasta In Walnut Basil Pesto With Roasted Tomatoes. A delicious pasta full of flavor!Prep time: PT20M
Cook time: PT20M
Total time: PT40M
Yield: 6 Servings
- 2/3 cup Walnuts
- 1/2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 10 ounces Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 16 ounces Dried Linguine Or Desired Pasta
- 1/2 cup Fresh Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- 6 whole Anchovy Fillets
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1 pinch Red Pepper Flakes Or More To Taste
- 1/2 cup Fresh Basil
- 2/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt and Pepper, Or To Taste
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound Shrimp, Peeled and Deveined
- 1 cup Cooked Pasta Water Reserved
- 1/4 cup Basil, Ripped
- Parmesan and Black Pepper For Serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread walnuts on a baking sheet and cook for 6-8 minutes until nuts smell toasted. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Toss tomatoes with 1/2 tablespoon Olive Oil and 1/4 teaspoon Salt. Spread on cookie sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes until tomatoes start to pop open and lightly color.
- Meanwhile cook pasta in salted water according to instructions about 1 minute short of al dente. Reserve 1 cup cooked pasta water before draining.
- In a food processor or high powdered blender add parmesan cheese, anchovies, garlic, lemon zest, and red pepper flakes. Process until finely ground and well combined. Add toasted walnuts and fresh basil. Drizzle in while processing 2/3 cup olive oil until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and heat until hot. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons walnut-basil pesto. Stir in 1 pound shrimp and cook until bright pink on both sides. Remove shrimp from pan and set aside.
- Mix remaining pesto with 1/4 cup reserved pasta water in pan. Add cooked pasta and toss to coat. Add additional Pasta Water as needed to moisten the pasta and form sauce. Cook Pasta for an additional 1 minute until Pasta is al dente.
- Add shrimp, roasted tomatoes, and torn basil. Toss until well combined.
- Serve with additional parmesan cheese and fresh black pepper.