Last Week

Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Last-Week-LJ-Fainting.jpgSorry I have been missing for the past week. 

My little turkey pictured above had passed out the day after this picture was taken. He was getting over the flu bug and had been seen by the pediatrician on Monday. Everything looked like he was getting better. But being one of those over protective parents I brought him in to double check the cough he had lingering wasn't anything more serious with us leaving town. The Dr. said he should be fine and we were on our way to Idaho to attend the funeral of Colt's Grandma Burns. She was an amazing women who will be missed by many and lived a wonderfully full life.

On Wednesday morning we went down to have  breakfast at the hotel when he all of a sudden L.J. just slumped over, Colt grabbed him. Colt thought for a sec he was playing around when he realized that he wasn't breathing. He laid him on the floor and was getting ready to start CPR when all of a sudden all of his limbs went stiff (we thought he was seizing but I guess this is common if you pass out) and then he took a deep breath in and woke up. Praise God!

I have never felt so scared in my whole life. One minute your child is acting goofy and waiting for breakfast. The next minute he's not responsive.

We spent the rest of the day in the E.R. L.J. had 2 EKG's done, blood work and his first I.V. He almost passed out a second time when he went to use the restroom and turned beet red. After another 2 hours L.J. was able to walk around the ER for 2 laps and the Doctor gave him the option to stay overnight or he could return to the hotel if we watched him closely. Of course he wanted to go back to the hotel, who likes trying to rest with I.V.'s and heart monitors. (I thought like this kid is leaving my side. I hadn't even gone to the restroom since 9a.m. this was now almost 4 o'clock in the afternoon.) So we agreed to go back to the hotel so he could rest.

They aren't quite sure what caused him to do this. It could be his vagus nerve or his heart. The EKG had something  the ER Doctor had seen  but all he had said was it was on the verge of normal.

Yesterday was spent getting my guy into the pediatrician, now that we are back in town. He is going to be seen by a pediatric cardiologist to double check his heart and have an echo cardiogram done to make sure he is ok.

Hopefully in the next few days I will be back on track with some new recipes and life will somewhat resume to normal.


  1. Oh my sweet friend, I will be praying for your family and your son. We will all be here when you get back. Take as much time as you need! Hugs friend! xoxox

  2. I do hope all will be well with your son. It's frightening to have our children unwell. Saying a little prayer for him.


  3. Dont worry. Will pray for ur son dear. All is going to be well

  4. Oh my goodness... I can't imagine what you went through.. If you need anything, I am here for you! xoxo

  5. Oh my gosh, my heart just stopped reading your post. I hope everything is ok Serena! I can't even imagine. Thinking of you

  6. I can imagine how worried you were. I'll be praying for your son and your whole family, Serena. Hope everything will turn out well.

  7. I'm so sorry to hear this about your son. Little people shouldn't have to go through these kinds of things. They're just suppose to enjoy being young and free. I pray that everything comes out OK.

  8. Following you now from Friendship Friday and hope you'll stop by soon to return the follow.

    Have a great Friday

  9. I'm truly sorry to hear what had happened to your son. As a mom myself I can totally understand how you felt. My prayers for him & may he be well. God bless him.

  10. I'm so sorry about your son. I will be praying for him, you and your family and the specialists. God bless and keep us posted.


Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch Copyright © 2011-2018 All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.