Posted by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch / Thursday, September 8, 2011
Molasses Chocolate Chip Cookies
These are so delish! Super moist, my mouth is watering just thinking about them. Don't be scared of the dark color the molasses helped the cookies stay super soft in the middle with a little bit of crispness on the outside. They are long gone the kids, husband and my self ate probably 1 too many and I could easily make another batch and continue to enjoy them with pure satisfaction. You see the worse part about making these cookies was I decided to taste the dough before I baked them, then I had to taste a little more, you know to make sure it was alright. Needless to say by the end of my "tasting" we where lucky to still have cookies. I'm usually not a cookie dough kind of girl, but that was some good dough. It's the raw eggs, I just can't bring myself to eat the dough because of the eggs, but this dough caught me off guard.
Place 2 Tablespoons organic unsulfered molasses in a 1 cup measuring cup.
Cover with sugar and level so you'll have about 1 cup minus 2 tablespoons sugar.
Dump in a mixing bowl fitted with a paddle attachment and beat for about 3 minutes on medium.
Tada! You have dark homemade brown sugar at this point!
Add butter, remaining 1/2 cup of sugar and beat on medium until smooth.
Toss in baking soda.
Then add salt and mix on medium until well incorporated.
Break in eggs.
Throw in some good old vanilla and mix until nice and smooth and egg is no longer visible.
Add all of your flour and mix again until smooth.
Oh my bowl lick'n goodness! But wait we aren't done.
Nuts, yes we need some nuts.
Chop your nuts. I like mine done by hand because I can control the size. But you could always use the food processor if you needed.
Toss in your nuts and chocolate chips and mix and scrape until fully incorporated. Remember you cookies are only as good as the chips you put in them. I like the Fred Meyer Organic Private Selection brand of semi sweet chocolate chips. I find I can eat them straight out of the bag and love the flavor of the chocolate.
This was when I started to get into trouble the dough had such a nice aroma I couldn't help but taste a few spoon fulls.
Drop by tablespoon or cookie dough scoop onto ungreased pan. Bake at 375 degree's for about 8 to 10 minutes, until cookies are set and edges start to brown.
Mmmm... Enjoy! I will have to make another batch later today! They where just so good!
Molasses Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Molasses Chocolate Chip Cookies so good and highly addictive. Recipe includes step by step instructions with photos.Prep time: PT15M
Cook time: PT8M
Total time: PT23M
Yield: 50 Cookies
- 1 cup minus 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Molasses, Organic Unsulfered
- 1 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips ( good quality)
- 1 cups Nuts, Chopped (I used Walnuts)
- Preheat oven 375 degree's.
- Add first cup sugar to a mixing bowl fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Add molasses and mix on medium for about 3 minutes until molasses in well blended. Add butter and remaining sugar and beat until smooth and well blended, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Add baking soda and salt and mix again until fully incorporated. Add vanilla and eggs and beat on medium until eggs are no longer visible.
- Add all of the flour and mix until smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Toss in all of the nuts and chocolate chips and mix until well combined, scraping sides down as needed.
- Place dough by tablespoon or with a cookie scoop on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes until edges are slightly brown and middle is set.