Mm mm..German chocolate cake frosting recipe to follow tomorrow. The cake it's self it technically not German chocolate cake, but it is just soo good! This cake is very moist and delicious! I set out to bake this cake for one of my favorite friends Michelle at work but my hubby and kids gobbled it up before I was able to bring a piece in. So I guess I will have to make another! She really likes it with whip cream frosting and berries! So delish! This is a must bake cake, it's light, moist and super chocolaty. I was worried it was a bit rich with the German chocolate cake frosting but it was gobbled down faster then I could stop my husband from eating the last piece!
Grease 2 (8") cake pans and line with parchment paper, grease parchment paper.
Dust pans with cocoa powder and shake off any excess.
Add all dry ingredients to the mixing bowl.
Turn mixer on low and stir until well blended.
Add melted butter, buttermilk, eggs and vanilla to a small bowl and mix until combined. Butter will be somewhat conglomerated, don't worry, it add's volume to the cake.
Dump the wet ingredients into the dry. See the butter has hardened slightly, that is great!
Beat until almost incorporated but still a little lumpy.
Slowly add all of the lip burning hot coffee while mixing on 2 or medium low until smooth and fully incorporated.
Divide batter evenly between both pans and bake at 350 degree's for about 35 minutes.
Cool cake in pan until room temperature. Remove from pan and frost accordingly! This cake is very delish with fresh berries and whip cream frosting also!
Super Moist Chocolate Cake
Super Moist Chocolate Cake recipe from scratch so easy and delicious to make.Prep time: PT10M
Cook time: PT35M
Total time: PT45M
Yield: 12 Servings
- 1 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour or All Purpose Works Also
- 2 cups Sugar
- 3/4 cup Cocoa Powder, plus more for dusting pans
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Butter, Melted
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 2 whole Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cups Coffee, Lip Burning Hot
- Preheat oven to 350 degree's. Grease 2 (8") cake pans with butter. Line with parchment paper and butter parchment paper. Dust with extra cocoa powder and shake off any excess.
- Place all dry ingredients into a mixing bowl fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix on low until ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Place melted butter, buttermilk, eggs and vanilla into a small bowl and mix with a fork until fully incorporated. Butter will conglomerate a little bit from the cold buttermilk. This is great, do not worry.
- Dump wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix on medium low until almost incorporated about 45 seconds. Slowly poor in your lip burning hot coffee with mixer and medium low. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Divide batter evenly between cake pans. Bake in 350 degree oven for about 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Cool in cake pan until room temperature. Remove from pan, continue to cool if needed and frost when bottom of cake is at room temperature.