It's a New Year and I have been trying to get back on track to be in shape. You see I have this lack of motivation to exercise. 3 kids, 2 dog, a husband and 1 part time job seems to fulfill my time and leave me rather tired. Well folks I am proud to say for the last few weeks I have been back on track. This last week I ran/ fast walked 3 miles a day. Who new I still could sweat so much? Hopefully this next week I will continue and be able to shave a little of my time. The great thing about exercising I have found is the more I do it the more energy I have, it really has been rather amazing! It's better then 2 cups of coffee! I suggest if you haven't been doing it stop making excuses and go for it! You'll feel amazing if you exercise and cut out process foods from your diet!
On another note I thought I would share these delicious cookies! These are great for a healthier dessert or sweet tooth craving. No you can't eat all of these cookies and expect to be healthy, but 2 cookies to calm a sweet tooth are better then most things you could reach for other then fruit and they are high in fiber from the whole wheat, oatmeal and flax. I subbed agave nectar for regular sugar and I still used brown sugar for a bit of caramel undertone. Agave is a lower glycemic sweetener and doesn't spike your blood sugar like traditional sweeteners and isn't artificial so it will leave your sweet tooth satisfied! The dough is a bit soft and I was worried as I was concocting these they where going to spread too much, I almost added more flour but the oats and flax helped these cookies hold there shape nicely. These where moist and delicious, the kids and husband over indulged, my cookies where all gone by this morning, I was rather sad no cookies for me tonight. Enjoy!
Cream butter, peanut butter, agave nectar and brown sugar until light and fluffy on medium speed.
Scrap down sides and add baking powder and baking soda.
Scrape sides again and add eggs and vanilla, mix on medium until fully incorporated.
Add whole wheat pastry flour, flax seed and rolled oats. If you need a chocolate fix you could add chocolate chips at this point. Scoop 1 inch rounds onto a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Place into a preheated 375 degree oven for about 8-10 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool.
Enjoy, no one will ever know just how much healthier this cookie are compared to the traditional!
Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Oatmeal With Agave and Flax Cookies
Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Oatmeal With Agave and Flax Cookies a healthy easy cookie recipe to make with step by step instructions with photos.Prep time: PT10M
Cook time: PT8M
Total time: PT18M
Yield: 48 Cookies
- 3/4 cup Butter, Softened
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 2/3 cup Agave Nectar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 2 tablespoons Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 4 tablespoons Ground Flax Seed
- 2 cups Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter, peanut butter, agave nectar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Scrape down side of bowl and add baking powder and soda, mix until combined. Scrape side again and add eggs and vanilla, mix until fully incorporated. Add whole wheat pastry flour, flax seed and oats, mix until combined. If adding chocolate chips stir in until fully combined.
- Drop dough in 1 inch balls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Place into preheated oven and bake for 8-9 minutes. Remove from oven and place onto a cooling rack, until cooled.