Posted by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch / Thursday, February 23, 2012
I love fajitas! If I haven't said it before I will say it again just in case... Mexican is my favorite! Fajitas are so easy to make for a busy week night meal and when peppers are on sale I think its a pretty budget friendly too! We have been so busy lately with basketball and school anything that is fast, easy and healthy is a plus in our house! Feel free to top the fajita mixture with whatever you like! We love tortilla's, refried black beans, lettuce,cheese, guacamole, greek yogurt ( you can use sour cream but I guarantee you will never tell the difference), olives and of course pico de gallo.
I also wanted to say thank you to No Ideas for nominating me for a Liebster Award! Dawney has a wonderful blog full of all sorts of goodies! I also love her saying do one thing every day that makes you happy! I will be working to pick out the next blogs to pass this on too! There have been so many wonderful blogs to choose from I have a hard time picking just 5! I truly think you all are amazing and wonderful! You bring me smiles and encouragement every day! I think you all have helped me grow and learn during this blog endeavour! Just in case you didn't know..You All ROCK!!!!
Chop onion and bell peppers. If using jalapenos you would remove seeds and chop. Also chop chicken or steak and set aside.
Saute onion (if adding jalapeno add now) in a heavy duty skillet over high heat with oil. Fry until onions just start to turn brown.
Add chicken to the onions and stir so chicken is mostly on the bottom. Add seasoning. Stir mixture until chicken is cooked through.
Add bell peppers and stir. Add 1/4 cup water and cook until peppers are tender and a slight sauce is formed from the water. Serve with desired toppings.
Recipe by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Chicken Fajitas recipe with step by step instructions and pictures. A quick easy weeknight meal.Prep time: PT10M
Cook time: PT15M
Total time: PT25M
Yield: 5 Servings
- 1 tablespoon Cooking Oil
- 1 whole Onion, Cut In Half Then Sliced
- 1 whole Jalapeno, Sliced And Seeded ( Optional For Heat)
- 2 whole Bell Peppers, Sliced ( I Like To Use Two Colors)
- 3 whole Chicken Breast Or Sirloin Steak, Sliced Thin
- 2 teaspoons Granulated Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt Or To Taste
- 1/4 cup Water
- Add oil to a heavy duty pan and heat over high heat. Add onion (and jalapeno if using) and saute until onion starts to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken and stir so chicken is mostly on the bottom.
- Add seasoning and stir until chicken is cooked through, about 8 minutes. Add bell pepper and water.
- Cook until bell pepper is tender and a slight sauce has formed from the water cooking down, about 2-3 minutes.
- Enjoy with desired condiments!