This recipes comes courtesy of Pastor Nik! Ok just kidding!
We went over to Nik and Heathers for Superbowl and Nik went on to tell everyone he had made the pico! He's such a prankster! But his wife Heather did make a really tasty crock pot beef sandwich with caramelized onions ( still drooling thinking of there tastiness) and Andrea had made a super tasty brownie with peanut butter swirled in!
I will have to work on trying to get something close on the brownies. (If I was smart I would have wrapped the 2 brownies left and taken them home, but I was too stuffed to think ahead!)
Actually this recipe came to together from my Sister in law Dana. She taught me the top secret ingredient of a fresh juiced orange. It really balances out the citrus!
This recipe is a favorite I make it almost every time I make tacos or fajitas! I was super lucky Klesick Family Farm added the ingredients to my order late on Tuesday so I was able to have everything delivered! They really are awesome for delivery.
Really the pictures are just because I love the way the light was hitting the produce!
Chop, chop your tomatoes.
Shred cabbage and carrots. I used the food processor! You can also finely chop the cabbage. Also dice your onion, some how I'm missing the picture.
Chop finely the jalapeno and pickled jalapeno.
Juice orange and limes. Eek! What happened to my hand?
Chop cilantro finely.
Pico De Gallo
Pico De Gallo From Scratch. Better than most restaurants.Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- 2 pounds Tomatoes, Diced
- 1/2 whole Small Whole Head Cabbage, Shredded
- 2 whole Carrot, Shredded
- 1/2 whole Red Onion, Diced
- 1-2 whole Jalapeno, Diced (Dependent On How Hot You Like It.)
- 1/4 cup Pickled Jalapenos, Chopped
- 1/2 whole Orange, Juiced
- 2 whole Lime, Juiced
- 1/2 bunch Cilantro, Chopped Finely
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt, Or To Taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper, Or To Taste
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Pickled Jalapeno Juice
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Fold in all ingredients until thoroughly combined. Best if allowed to chill for 2 hours but can be eaten immediately.