I love taco soup! This is so easy to make and very comforting flavors! If you have never made taco soup now is the time to pursue it! Even if you have a smaller family then ours you can freeze the leftovers in small containers and have a premade lunch (it never lasts long enough in our house). I hope every one's having a fabulous week! I have been so thankful for all the new and old friends who have been reading and commenting on the blog, I love to hear what everyone has to say!
Add bell pepper, jalapenos and seasonings. Cook for about 2 minutes until fragrant.
Add chicken stock, diced tomatoes with juice, corn (drained), 1/2 the meat off of a whole baked chicken skin and bones removed and chopped, black bean and kidney beans (drained) stir well. Bring to a simmer and turn to low cook for at least 30 minutes or if you have all day let the soup cook on low.
Chicken Taco Soup
Chicken Taco Soup. Easy warm and comforting and so delicious recipe includes step by step instructions with pictures.Prep time: PT5M
Cook time: PT45M
Total time: PT50M
Yield: 6 Servings
Calories per serving: 384Ingredients
Fat per serving: 7
Fat per serving: 7
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 whole Onion, Diced
- 2 whole Carrots, Diced
- 2 ribs Celery, Diced
- 1 whole Bell Pepper, Diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 3 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon Oregano
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 2 whole Jalapenos, Seeds Removed and Diced
- 1 handful Cilantro, Chopped and Stem Removed
- 5 cups Chicken Stock
- 28 ounces Diced Tomatoes
- 30 ounces Canned Corn, Drained
- 15 ounces Canned Black Beans, Drained and Rinsed
- 15 ounces Kidney Beans Drained and Rinsed
- 3 cups Cooked Chicken, Chopped
- Garnish with cheese, tortilla chips, sour cream and pickled jalapenos ( they add a nice zip)
- In a large stock pot add olive oil, onion, carrots and celery. Heat over medium high. Cook until softened and starting to caramelize.
- Add bell pepper, jalapenos and seasonings. Cook for about 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add chicken stock, cilantro, diced tomatoes with juice, corn (drained), meat off of a whole baked chicken , black bean and kidney beans (drained) stir well.allow Bring to a simmer and turn to low cook for at least 30 minutes or if you have all day let the soup cook on low.
- Garnish with selected toppings!