Posted by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch / Tuesday, December 17, 2013
I still haven't perfected the perfect drizzle yet but this one's so much better then the one at the end on the post!
I don't know what I was thinking, I should have just not added a photo at all.
We are total Caramel Sauce addicts in our house, Colt thinks he needs to live on the stuff.
Can I blame him? Heck no, it's my all time favorite treat too and who doesn't like a little caramel sauce drizzled in their morning coffee, it's better then Starbucks.
We also love it in brownies like these Fudge Brownies with Caramel Swirl and of course drizzled over yesterdays Hawaiian Host Dark Chocolate AlohaMac Brownies .
Mmmm and in or on top of ice cream like Caramel Ice Cream with Caramel Swirl it totally speaks my love language!
Caramel sauce..This stuff is dangerous! Beware! I made this to make fudge brownies with caramel swirl to bring over to a friends house for a game night.
We had such a good time playing games and eating all sorts of tasty goodies.. This sauce is pure deliciousness over ice cream, in your morning coffee (hello caramel macchiato),
scooped straight in to your mouth and just about anything else your heart desires..
Add sugar,corn syrup and water to a medium/large sauce pan.
Heat over medium-high heat until until sugar mixture turns medium brown caramel colored. DO NOT STIR PAN. If needed swirl pan lightly.
In a small sauce pan heat heavy cream, butter and sea salt over medium heat until butter melts over medium heat.
Once sugar mixture reaches a medium brown color add cream mixture while stirring. Mixture will bubble up rapidly.
Cook mixture over medium heat until mixture reaches 225 degrees. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
(This pictures horrible, I can't believe I ever shared it!)
Pour into a heat safe storage container and store in the refrigerator until ready to use. Heat up desired amount on the stove as needed.
Drizzle, scoop, lick and enjoy!
Recipe by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Caramel Sauce recipe from scratch with step by step instructions and photos. So easy to make and so good!Prep time: PT15M
Cook time: PT10M
Total time: PT25M
Yield: 3 cups
Calories per serving: 101Ingredients
Fat per serving: 5
Fat per serving: 5
- 1 1/2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Light Corn Syrup (I used non high-fructose)
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 5 tablespoons Butter
- 3/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a medium-large sauce pan add sugar, corn syrup and water. Heat over medium-high heat until caramel becomes a medium brown caramel color. DO NOT STIR THE SUGAR MIXTURE. If needed you can swirl the pan lightly or move the pan on the burner to heat the areas that aren't as hot.
- In a small pan add heavy cream, butter and sea salt. Heat over medium heat until butter melts.
- Once sugar mixture become medium brown color add the cream mixture while stirring. The caramel mixture will bubble up. Continue to stir until mixture reaches 225 degrees on a candy thermometer. About 3-5 minutes. Add vanilla and stir well!
- Allow caramel sauce to cool for 5 minutes and then pour into a heat proof storage container until ready to use. Store in the refrigerator. Heat up desired amount on stove top when ready to use.