Easy, healthy and delicious Whole Roasted Bar-B-Que Rosemary Garlic Lemon Chicken. There's nothing quite like the flavor of a whole chicken cooked on a charcoal grill. In the summer it's delicious just to have a roast chicken and a lot of fresh veggies tossed onto the grill about 8 minutes before the chicken is done. A few more one pan meals I love to make are Chicken And Red Potatoes, One Pan Chicken With Cauliflower and Roasted Chicken Dinner In One Pan.
Add garlic, rosemary and sea salt and chop until fine. Add to a small bowl and add 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and juice of 1 lemon. Mix well and set aside.
Slice one lemon. Cut on each side of the back bone of the chicken to remove.
Use palms of hands to push chicken flat.
Now rub half of the garlic mixture all over the underside of the chicken.
Now rub the top of chicken and under the skin with the rest of the garlic rosemary mixture. Top with lemon slices from the juice lemon.
Place on a charcoal grill over indirect heat. ( The coals will be placed on 1 side of the grill and the chicken will be placed on the opposite side of the grill.) Cover.
After 20 minutes you can brush the chicken with a little bit of olive oil or butter to baste.
8 minutes before chicken is done you can add any desired veggies tossed with olive oil, sea salt and pepper to the grill. We like zucchini, bell peppers, and broccoli. If salad is preferred you could make Grilled Romaine Heart With Tomatoes With Basil Vinaigrette and leave out the shrimp.
Whole Roasted BBQ Rosemary Garlic Lemon Chicken
Whole Roasted BBQ Rosemary Garlic Lemon Chicken recipe with step by step instructions and pictures.Prep time: PT10M
Cook time: PT1H20M
Total time: PT1H30M
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 whole Chicken, Back Bone Removed And Flattened
- 7 cloves Garlic, Peeled
- 1 sprig Rosemary, Stem Removed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Sea Salt
- 1 whole Lemon, Sliced
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Place on a cutting board garlic, rosemary and sea salt. Chop until fine. Place in a small bowl, squeeze the juice out of lemon slices over the top and add olive oil. Rub half the garlic mixture over the underside of the chicken and then flip chicken over and rub the remaining mixture over and under the skin of the chicken. Place juiced lemon slices over the top of the chicken. At this point chicken can be placed into the refrigerator for up to 12 hours.
- To cook chicken place hot coals on one side of the grill and cook the chicken on the opposite side of the grill over indirect heat. Cover. Check chicken every 20 minutes basting as needed. Chicken takes about an hour to hour and fifteen minutes. Cook until no longer pink and thigh bone pulls away from the carcass. The last 8 minutes of cooking add any desired vegetables to the grill to complete the meal. Allow the chicken to rest for 10 minutes before serving.