Mmmm.. Who loves coffee cake? I do! I do!
This coffee cake is my rendition of Panera Bread's Cinnamon Coffee Cake. I will still have to work on the swirl aspect of this cake to make it look like Panera but in the mean time grab a cup of tea or coffee and a fork. This coffee cake was delicious! The hubby was even busted with an empty plate over on his side of the bed from a late night snacking session after I was asleep!
Good thing the pictures were taken before anyone was able to grab a slice!
This didn't last long in our house!
The cake is a moist coffee cake with a crunchy crumb crust! Can you say deliciousness?
Grease a 10 inch tube pan with butter set aside.
Place all ingredients for crumb topping into a mixing bowl and mix on low for 1 minute. Increase speed to medium and beat until well combined.
Crumb topping will look like this. Remove to a small bowl and set aside. No need to rinse the mixing bowl.
For Cake: Add butter and both sugars to mixing bowl and mix on medium speed until fully combined and light and fluffy. Scrape down sides of bowl as needed.
Add eggs one at a time mixing on medium until fully incorporated. Scrape down the sides of bowl between additions.
Add vanilla. Beat until combined.
Add baking powder, baking soda and sea salt. Mix until combined. Scrape sides of bowl.
Add greek yogurt. Mix on medium until combined.
Add all of the flour and mix on low until combined. Do not over mix.
For Coffee Swirl: In a small bowl combine 1/2 cup cake batter with 1/2 cup cinnamon crumb topping.
Add 4 tablespoons coffee and mix until well combined.
Add 3/4 of the cake batter to the tube pan, top with coffee swirl then cover with remaining cake batter. Use a knife and make s-shaped swirls around the edge of the cake pan.
Cake will look something like this.
Take remaining cinnamon crumb topping and squeeze between fingers to form crumbs. Sprinkle evenly over the top.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of cake comes out clean.
Cinnamon Crumb Coffee Cake
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 55-60 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
FOR CINNAMON CRUMB TOPPING
- 1/3 cup Butter
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 1/4 cup Butter, Softened
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 whole Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 1/4 cup All- Purpose Flour
- 4 tablespoons Coffee
- 1/2 cup Cinnamon Crumb Topping
- 1/2 cup Cake Batter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 10 inch tube pan.
- FOR CINNAMON CRUMB TOPPING: Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl. Mix on low 1 minute and then increase speed to medium and mix until fully combined scraping sides of bowl as needed. Remove to a small bowl.
- FOR CAKE: In the same mixing bowl as the crumb topping add butter and sugars. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of bowl as needed.
- Add eggs 1 at a time mixing on medium speed until fully incorporated and scraping down sides of bowl between additions.
- Add baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until well combined. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add greek yogurt and mix on medium speed until combined. Scrape bowl as needed.
- Add all of the flour and mix until combined on low.
- FOR SWIRL: Mix coffee, 1/2 cup cinnamon crumb topping and 1/2 cup cake batter in a small bowl.
- TO ASSEMBLE: Place 3/4 of the cake batter into buttered tub pan. Cove with swirl and then top with remaining cake batter. Use a butter knife and make large s-shapes around tube pan to swirl. Squeeze cinnamon crumb topping between fingers over cake evenly to make into crumbs.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool for 20 minutes and then use a knife around the edge of pan to loosen. Remove from pan.