This sponsorship is brought to you by Lunchbox who we have partnered with for this platform.
I was honored to receive an email inviting me to try out a recipe from Nestle's Fall Flavors . After a hard decision and a game of ink a bink a bottle of ink I finally decided on Peppermint Mocha Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I'm a mint and chocolate aholic and these hit the spot! What a perfect treat for the upcoming holiday season! We will definitely be making these again in the near future and dipping them in some homemade Hot Cocoa while snuggling in front of the fireplace.
For more idea's from Nestle please stop by and visit The Nestles Fall Flavors Page for lots of other fall and holiday favorites!
Roll call of characters! Butter..Check...Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chips, sugar, Nescafe Tasters Choice House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee, vanilla extract, peppermint extract, eggs, all-purpous flour, baking powder and last but not least soft peppermint candies. Check, check and double check!
Ok step number one make sure you buy enough chocolate chips. Upon starting I realized the recipe called for 3 cups and a 12 ounce bag only contains 2 cups of chocolate chips. Luckily for me I had a half bag leftover from another adventure I was able to save the day with!
Melt butter and chocolate chips over medium heat in a small saucepan while stirring constantly until smooth.
Add chocolate to a mixing bowl and add sugar. Beat until combined.
Next up is our Nescafe Tasters Choice House Blend Granuals.
Add 3 teaspoons of the coffee granuals to the chocolate mixture.
Oh and don't forget the peppermint! Beat until combined.
Add all 3 eggs and beat until well combined.
Add flour and baking powder and mix until well combined.
Stir in your remaining 2 cups chocolate chips.
Crush soft peppermint candies. I found the candies left dents in my wooden rolling pin. So we moved on to...
Our nut chopper and found it worked perfect!
Scoop cookies onto a parchement or silpat lined baking sheet using a medium sized cookie scoop and sprinkle with crushed soft peppermint candies. Tip: I made 2 different sized cookies one using my standard sized cookie scoop and then for larger cookies I made a double scoop of dough and rolled them into a ball together. For standard sized cookies bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are set. For larger cookies I baked mine 12-15 minutes or until set.
Allow cookies to cool for 2 minutes before removing cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Enjoy with a tall glass of milk, mocha or a cuppa hot chocolate!
Nestle Peppermint Mocha Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep time: PT15M
Cook time: PT15M
Total time: PT30M
- 3/4 cup Unsalted Butter (Softened)
- 3 cups NESTLÃ® TOLLHOUSEÂ® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels (divided)
- 1 1/2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 3 teaspoons NESCAFÃ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Peppermint
- 3 whole Large Eggs
- 2 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 12 whole Soft Peppermint Candies (Crushed)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease or line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- MELT butter and 1 cup chocolate morsels in medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- Transfer chocolate mixture into a large mixer bowl; add sugar and beat until
- combined. Add coffee granules, vanilla extract and peppermint extract; beat just until combined. Beat in eggs. Add flour and baking powder, mixing until all is incorporated.
- Fold in remaining 2 cups chocolate morsels.
- SCOOP dough onto prepared baking sheet, spacing 2 inches apart, using a medium sized cookie scoop. Sprinkle each cookie with a little of the crushed peppermint candies.
- BAKE for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are set. Allow to cool for about 2 minutes on baking sheet and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.