I've been battling the cold from you know where lately and I haven't been in the mood to cook anything extravagant only because the thought of any kind of mess to clean up right now is not appealing.
So for Sunday night dinner I decided to make a favorite dish in our house because it really only dirties one pan, a knife and a cutting board.
Hello easy clean up and it's rather simple to make and defiantly a comfort food dish for me with a nice salad.
This isn't the healthiest dish I've made by far but sometimes we indulge a little in our house with chicken sausage and mushrooms in a creamy tomato sauce, I think it's well worth the splurge.
This is also a perfect dish to make for a small dinner party because most of the cooking is done in the oven and it is defiantly a crowed pleaser!
In a deep oven safe pot like a dutch oven saute onions until caramelized in olive oil, over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, garlic and bell pepper, saute until softened
. Push veggies to the side and add sausage. Cook until sausage is brown.
Note: I used fresh Italian Chicken Sausage but feel free to use pork if you prefer.
Add canned tomatoes with juice and pasta. Pour in chicken stock.
Add 1 cup heavy cream.
Add seasonings and stir until combined.
Top with mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
Pop into a preheated 425 degree oven for 25 -30 minutes or until pasta is al dente and cheese is starting to brown.
Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Mmmm... Need I say more?
Creamy Sausage And Mushroom Bow Tie Pasta Skillet
Creamy Sausage And Mushroom Bow Tie Pasta SkilletPrep time: PT10M
Cook time: PT30M
Total time: PT40M
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 whole Onion, Diced
- 8 ounces Mushrooms, Sliced
- 1 whole Bell Pepper, Diced
- 5 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 pound Fresh Italian Sausage, Cut Into Bite Size Pieces
- 28 ounces Canned Tomatoes With Juice
- 1 pound Bow Tie Pasta Or Another Desired Shape
- 4 cups Chicken Broth, Good Quality
- 3 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large deep oven safe pot like a dutch oven heat olive oil over medium high heat until hot. Add onion and saute until onion starts to caramelize.
- Add mushrooms, bell pepper and garlic. Saute until mushrooms and garlic are soft.
- Push veggies to the side of pan and add sausage. Cook sausage until starting to brown.
- Add tomatoes with juice, pasta, chicken broth, Italian seasoning, thyme, salt, pepper and cream. Stir until combined.
- Top with parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- Place in preheated oven and cook for 25-30 minutes or until pasta in al dente and cheese is bubbly and brown around the edges.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.